• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Melodyne Plug-IN crashing my computer

Share/Bookmark

Melodyne Plug-IN crashing my computer

I just purchased the Plug-In version of Melodyne. When I try to install, there is no registration assistant that pops up, which allows me to register.

Each time I try to open Logic Pro 8, and try to activate Melodyne, my entire MAC OS X system crashes. (black screen - i have to do a hard-restart)

Have you heard of others experiencing this problem?

I have tried EVERYTHING and even the IT staff at Celemony cannot help me. I am very frustrated. I re-installed several times. I deleted the original, found the updated version online and installed that one. No dice. I have tried opening the program using Garageband and Logic Express as well. Both of those programs also crash. The only way I can get Logic up and running again is by deleting Melodyne completely.

Unless it is an issue with the Preferences of SOME OTHER PROGRAM that is interfering with Melodyne, I am not sure what I am doing wrong... I use Logic 8. Mac OSX 10.4.11

any hints or ideas would be appreciated!

Re: Melodyne Plug-IN crashing my computer

Are you running an Intel Mac or PowerMac?

I doubt Logic is causing this, it sounds like an AU problem.

Try a search on the web like "melodyne crashing (insert Intel or Powermac) Mac OSX 10.4.11.

Good luck!

I am running an Intel Mac and I've run that search before. No dice at all. I'm beginning to think there's some conspiracy, because I cannot find anyone else on the web with this problem.

Hmm, and I was thinking about purchasing Melodyne. How are you making out so far? Any luck?
    Styxx

any hints or ideas would be appreciated!
    Try this site:

http://logicprohelp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    Hmm, and I was thinking about purchasing Melodyne. How are you making out so far? Any luck?
    absolutely none. I am so frustrated with this thing.

I use the Melodyne plug-in and Cre8 in Logic 8.02 all the time with no issues. Sorry to hear you are having problems. The only difference I can see between your system and mine is that I am running Leopard. I'm on Intel Mac.

Have you considered upgrading to Leopard?

-LFO
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Quote Originally Posted by LFO View Post
    The only difference I can see between your system and mine is that I am running Leopard. I'm on Intel Mac.

Have you considered upgrading to Leopard?
    Some of my other apps won't work when updated to Leaopord... like Finale. Have they caught up to the times yet? I may as well try that. That's the only cost-effective solution I can think of

Wow, i've been thinking about buying the Melodyne plug-in for a while now, but seeing Melodyne isn't interested in solving your problem has totally changed my mind.

Mine's running fine on intel mac. os 10.4.11. with pro tools rtas. i love melodyne. hope you get it to work. it's worth it.

Go Back to forum