• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio Driver Crash

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio Driver Crash

Hello, for the past several months after attempting to install gigastudio on my computer, i have been getting a statement which states that i should uninstall all giga technology and drivers on my computer
    i have uninstalled gigastudio and it still occurs
    because of this, it takes me 3-6 attempts at rebooting my computer and praying before i can fully sign on without my computer freezing
    from a previous forum post i understand that there is a pdf file that details the uninstall process
    if anyone could help me out by sending me the file i would appreciate it greatly, i can't keep using this computer when it takes half an hour to sign on
    any help would be useful

punksk8brderdude@gmail.com

Re: Gigastudio Driver Crash

can i please get any help at all? this is seriously killing my computer and making it nearly impossible to reboot. I can't shut down my computer in fear that it will take hours of trying to make it work

In this thread, Belbin suggested that someone with a similar problem run GigaClean, which is on the Gigastudio DVD-

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=34891

-Alex

I owned an early version of Gigastudio and got the blue screen of death constantly. When I removed it from my machine it all worked beautifully. I now use Kontakt and Halion and have no problems with them. I know there are guys out there that swear by Giga but I bet there are a lot more people out there that swear AT Giga.

It's dead technology now as well. If you can't get it to work right now it will only be worse in the future as development and support are now kaput. Do yourself a favor and run the other way...

Best of luck,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

getting the blue screen of death on a PC running giga is most likely due to a hardware issue and probably a hardware driver issue. I would make sure you have all of your hardware drivers (sound cards, HD motherboard drivers, video drivers, etc...) up to date. If that does not help...there might be a random incompatibility between one of these hardware components on your system and Giga. I would start to look at the sound and video cards. Probably next...the RAM.

You should also run the GigaClean program you were pointed to.

Giga runs at the kernel level underneath the Windows OS. So...it takes control of these hardware components directly and not through windows (even though windows is running at the same time). This is the blessing and the curse of Gigastudio. It is the reason for the low latency...but also the reason for the program being finicky with hardware configurations. And...why people running Giga on a single machine with nothing else installed on it tens to have very solid experiences...and people trying to run Giga on a PC with lot of other programs and a DAW host, etc...usually have problems.

Best of luck with it.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Necromageist View Post
    Hello, for the past several months after attempting to install gigastudio on my computer, i have been getting a statement which states that i should uninstall all giga technology and drivers on my computer
    i have uninstalled gigastudio and it still occurs
    because of this, it takes me 3-6 attempts at rebooting my computer and praying before i can fully sign on without my computer freezing
    from a previous forum post i understand that there is a pdf file that details the uninstall process
    if anyone could help me out by sending me the file i would appreciate it greatly, i can't keep using this computer when it takes half an hour to sign on
    any help would be useful

punksk8brderdude@gmail.com
    Never got Gigastudio to work without these "driver" problems, but GVI worked like a champ for me, perfect since day one, same standalone as VST within Sonar 5-7 PE. If you invested in giga libraries, I would recommend getting GVI, being discontinued you will probably find a good price. Good Luck.

I have a PC slave with Giga 3 on it and a Tascam soundcard. If I turn "hyperthreading on" I get the blue screen of death every time. With hyperthreading off, it works fine. Also I have Kontakt 2 on the same machine. I can run either it or Giga, but if I run both of them at the same time it crashes the soundcard. I can run GVI and Kontakt as plugins in VSTack at the same time no problem. It is an unpredictable beast. Weird.

Necromageist,

You never specified which version of GS3 you are running.

In version 3.12, TASCAM fixed an issue that in all prior versions resulted in BSoDs when running GS3 on dual-core processors.

Upgrading the program to v3.12 or later (I think that 3.21 was the final version) and turning off the QuickSound database's "file monitoring" took care of the overwhelming majority of BSoD problems for most users.

That and uninstalling Nero's "inCD" of you have that installed...

Might doing so help you?

— alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Go Back to forum