Anyone who reads all the posts will realise that some of the lads have set up a chat room on IRC called #midi mockup.
Here\'s a few easy steps for the IRC challenged (including me), to help you get into the right room:
1. Download, install and then start mIRC and click on the \'connect\' option under category (on the left).
2. Under IRC Network choose EFnet from the drop down list.
3. The specific server to choose from the \'sub\' drop down list is:
4. Click on the \'Connect to IRC Server\' button.
5. After a brief pause, another window should present with a request that you enter the specific channel you wish to join on the EFnet server. Type in #midi-mockup and hit the join button (there are other options you can try here for more regular connection that let you auto connect to a specifi channel when you start mIRC etc.,- but this is fine for a one-off)
6. Wait for a bit, and with any luck you\'ll see a list appear on the right hand side of the screen, representing the nicknames of those currently in the chat room, and a small text bar for you to type in at the bottom of the screen. There are lots of configurable options, but this should get you connected.