• Register
  • Help

Topic: First GPO attempt

Share/Bookmark

First GPO attempt

This is my first attempt at (sort of a) classical piece using GPO

any remarks??? (except for that the mp3 seems to be very loud )

first GPO attempt

thankx
    Hans

Re: First GPO attempt

Hello Hans,

You've created a nice way to introduce yourself. There's nothing like the thrill of a first orchestration with a new orchestra. I will look forward to your future posts.
    tony h
    Last edited by jamiha; 08-01-2008 at 06:40 PM. Reason: spelling
    tony h
    Master Comp. P5 deluxe intel dual core, Windows XP Pro, 4G ram, HD's=OS Audio, two samples, Cubase 3/4 , GVI Kirk Hunter Concert strings, KH Concert brass, Emerald, Miroslav strings, brass, Quantum Leap brass. DAW and Master comp by pcaudiolabs- Slave Comp for VI only, Gigabyte Intel ,8G ram, ethernet, Windows Vista Ultimatex64, VI Ensemble,VI SE Appasionata strings.

That's as pretty as a field of tulips in full bloom.

Other than the fact that your ending is weak, this is a nice first-time effort. Very good!

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I've played your track through several times, I won't comment on the music itself, it sounds fine to me but I'm not as well trained as many on this forum.

However as far as the mix goes, (bear in mind that each system is different and plays the sound back differently) :

On my system, the first chord seems to me to be too aggresive, I checked in Wavelab and this one chord is 50 per cent louder than the rest of tune, it might be better if you reduced this section in volume a little.

The bass notes seem to be overpowering the rest in places, can you perhaps reduce the level of these and see if it makes a difference.

Of course its all very subjective, I like deep bass sounds but not everybody else approves.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Hi Jamiha
    thanx for the comments - good way of giving someone a welcome too - we'll see what comes up next... I will probably first try to work this one out a bit more in a later stage...

@Larry
    Thanx for the kind words - the comment of the tulips were not by any chance related to me coming from the Netherlands right??
    I must confess that it was getting quite late and I didn't feel like putting anything over that final piano part anymore so I left it... yep weak

@Buckshead
    The loudness in the mix might have to do with the track being normalized when I bounced it from Logic (also explains why it is SO loud).... further it probably could do with some intro that builds up a bit but I came up with the string part first and worked from that so as my weak ending it's actually probably also a weak beginning...
    but hey normally I make rock and progressive rock music so it was pretty much a side step and I must surely get used to making an orchestral mix....

welcome to northernsounds creart!

Dan

Thanks for the welcome Dan, although I had been here before already, but this was my first work with GPO that I put up here

I cannot fault this work, it is very arty - Mozart like.

gee thanx D-Thinkerdotcom

I'm still working on the piece - extending it a lot....
    it's a pretty big switch from my normal rock-oriented music
    but that's what I love about working with music at all - so many different directions to explore!

as soon as I have it finished I will upload a new version

cheers
    Hans

Go Back to forum