• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria Player - Extending The Trombone Sample

Share/Bookmark

Aria Player - Extending The Trombone Sample

Just received my Finale 2009 upgrade and already noticed that the Trombone samples in the Aria Player are limited to Low E. Is there a way to extend this lower? I'm trying to convert some of my existing scores over and one of them was Cavatine. The solo (Tenor Trombone) goes down into the pedal range of the horn and I have some other Tenor stuff that goes from the Eb (below the Low E) down into the Pedal Range in some parts.

I think it's rather limited to only go down as far as it does - or am I being too picky?

Thanks!
    Jim Hale
    Hale Recordings
    Voice: 573-840-0653
    Fax: 573-727-6511

Re: Aria Player - Extending The Trombone Sample

The samples only go to to the Low E which is the normal lowest note without getting into pedal tones on a tenor trombone. Is there a bass trombone by any chance in the Aria player?

Jim

Only 3 Trombone Plr's and a Trombone Solo. I may try and use the CoMB Trombone(s) and see if they work provided I can figure out how to do a patch change for 4 bars.

I know there aren't that many pieces out there that need the Trigger & Pedal range for a Tenor - but being a Tenor player myself, I do run into them (more times than I would like).
    Jim Hale
    Hale Recordings
    Voice: 573-840-0653
    Fax: 573-727-6511

That's a bummer it doesn't come with the lower range. There's a possible workaround by extending the range of the lowest sample. The Aria player uses sfz file format which you can edit in notepad. Make a backup of the file before editing in case you screw it up!

The line you want to edit is under the <master> section I believe. It should be the first of the lines that start with <region>. You'll have to change the key=40 to lokey=30 hikey=40. Notice that key=40 is for a sample assigned to just one key. The lokey=30 hikey=40 assigns a sample to multiple keys. I just used 30 as an example. If you only wanted to extend the range by just one key you would set the lokey to 39.

Make sure you go thru the complete file to make changes for other layers for the same key. I think this should work but I haven't tried it myself.

Jim

Go Back to forum