• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Embarrassing! I'm ready for ARIA

Share/Bookmark

Embarrassing! I'm ready for ARIA

I was demonstrating my 64 bit system to a visiting group when during a tune I had worked on I went to switch tenor saxes (JABB). I got an error that my serial # was invalid trying to load up a different tenor sax.

????? But it's the right serial #.

I opened up the newest NI Service doo-hickey and while it had the correct serial #, the registration number is gone. Not only that it said JABB wasn't installed.

????? But I can see it. It's working, I just can't load up a different instrument.

I saw there was a 2.2.4 update and thought downloading it would solve the problem. It didn't. During this time the group left anyway and so I kept trying to get things working again. I finally thought uninstalling and reinstalling JABB would fix the problem. It didn't. So then I tried installing the 2.2.3 update. Now I got two JABB entries that won't activitate.

????? It would have to be Saturday...

I sent off a ticket to NI (couldn't find a phone), I hope to hear something soon. But how embarrassing!

If ARIA will load all the libraries of Garritan without the NI registration nonsense, I'll take two please! And could I have it delivered yesterday?

Rich Garber

Re: Embarrassing! I'm ready for ARIA

Sorry about your trouble.
    You'll finally have it sorted out of course, but this is exactly what's stopped me from acquiring anything NI- dependent until now, although I am of a very high opinion of their products and some of those based on Kontakt player, but the thought of someone having to decide whether or not you should be granted a permission to use your program every time something goes wrong with your computer for me is hardly acceptable. Unfortunately,I may just as well give up someday when I need a certain Kontakt based instrument too badly.

Exclamation Re: Embarrassing! I'm ready for ARIA

NI does not support 64 bit systems yet.

Windows Vista FAQ:
    Windows Vista 64-bit is currently not recommended by Native Instruments for professional music production due to remaining compatibility issues with many existing music software and hardware products. NI software will run under Windows Vista 64-bit with certain limitations, which are detailed below. Native Instruments does not guarantee the operation of its products under Windows Vista 64-bit at this time.
    The same goes for other 64 bit OS'es.

Of course. Software registration IS one of the more insidious aspects of 64 bit that it's a wonder why any software vendor would even try to overcome the drawbacks. Now that you mention it, I do remember hearing the manical screams of a techie and very loud organ music playing with what sounded like cathode-ray tubles buzzing in the background when I first asked if even registering NI based samples like JABB would work in 64 bit. Odd, it did register the JABB the first time... *scratching head*

Nevertheless. They do clearly state, that they don't support 64 bit, so it is a bit pointless to complain about NI software not working in a 64 bit environment.

I've been using GPO, JABB, COMB in Kontakt 2 as a plug-in inside of Sonar 6 (x64) for about a year now without problems. My OS is Windows XP x64.

Did you run the NI Service Center to check if it was registered in there?

Jim

@Nickie

At some point you need to read what I wrote instead of this fishing trip you're on. My post was not focusing on software working or not working, but rather of an embarrassing situation. As far as I know, something went wrong somewhere at NI's end because it's there that the registration number is blank when it used to be filled in. And it's there that I can't reactivate JABB (while all MY OTHER NI products are), and it's there that it says I don't even have JABB on my computer - when it is. This has nothing to do with your silly argument of 64 bit. And frankly, I'm running in 32 bit on a 64 bit machine and all the people I read who have done it this way nobody has experienced issues with 64 bit and registration. Can you please go bother somebody else?

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    I've been using GPO, JABB, COMB in Kontakt 2 as a plug-in inside of Sonar 6 (x64) for about a year now without problems. My OS is Windows XP x64.

Did you run the NI Service Center to check if it was registered in there?

Jim
    Thanks Jim. Yes I did, that was the first thing I checked. Here's what I'm seeing:

http://www.edmfamily.com/audio/nireg.jpg

I split the screen between two different sections. I marked the sections with the black text and yellow background to the left to make my split screen clearer. My JABB versions are showing with the proper serial number in both instances but I blacked them out. The top part of the screen is the bugger as I can't activiate either JABB version. In the Details screen below it explains I'm missing the application. These are brand new JABB installs. I got a ticket into NI but if you have any ideas. Thanks!

Rich

Rich,

I have no idea why it's showing that. That is definitely not right. Looks like an issue on the NI side for sure. You may want to try calling NI instead of waiting for an email response.

Wish I could help more.

Jim

That was my thinking too, would you happen to have their telephone #?

Thanks again.

Rich

Go Back to forum