• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looking for a good soundcard

Share/Bookmark

Looking for a good soundcard

I'm looking for a good sound card for music composition and production with my digital piano. What would you recommend?

thanks

Re: Looking for a good soundcard

PC or MAC?
    Surround or not?
    MIDI I/O or not?
    Headphone connection or not?

I have the Audiophile 2496 and I am satisfied. For PC!!! Has no headphone connection. See: http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_u...2496-main.html

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDiver View Post
    I'm looking for a good sound card for music composition and production with my digital piano. What would you recommend?

thanks
    There have been a few discussions in the forums on soundcards. If you try a forum search I'm sure you will find something that may be of interest to you.
    Her's an example:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ght=soundcards
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Oops I forgot. Should be vista compatible with midi and headphone connection of course since it's after all for composition. PCI connection and I don't care if it comes with surround sound or not.

You don't mention if you will be doing audio recording. Are you talking about MIDI only? Or might you want to record live vocals or other instruments some day?

FYI - You can find soundcards (and interfaces) ranging from less than $29 to over $5000.

- k
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

For now I just need one to connect it with a digital piano. Price range should be around 100-200$.

Is the 2496 Vista compatible? I really hope so...

Go Back to forum