• Register
  • Help

Topic: Computer Won't Read JABB Install Disc For Reinstall

Question Computer Won't Read JABB Install Disc For Reinstall

Months ago I uninstalled JABB. Now I want to reinstall it but the computer does not read the install disc. It reads all my other discs. What is more perplexing is that the JABB install disc is read no problem on another computer.

I have heard many times about how difficult security measures make it for legit users. Is this one of those times? If so what do I do about it?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Re: Computer Won't Read JABB Install Disc For Reinstall

As I don't know how computer savvy you are, I may be stating the obvious here, but some people don't undertsand computers too weel.

Can't see how the computer can't read the disc unless a) the disc is damaged or b) your drive is damaged.

If another computer reads it then why not make a copy disc. Sometimes a disc that won't work in one machine will work in another, copy it and try again. If your drive is damaged than you might have a problem.

There is the ISO method of making an image of a disk, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

Does the install not work or does your computer not "see" anything on the disk. Are you hoping for Autorun but have it turned off ? There should be a file marked Garritan Jazz Big Band Setup.exe or words to that effect. Double click on that
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Re: Computer Won't Read JABB Install Disc For Reinstall

Thanks for the response.

It is indeed a mystery why one computer will read the disc and another won't. I still don't get it. However I did make a copy of the install disc on the computer that could read it. Then installed it on the computer that couldn't read the original disc with no problems. Go figure.

Now I'm running into problems with JABB working. The stand alone doesn't play. ProTools only plays a couple of samples. And it doesn't work with Finale at all. However before I go into lots of detail here I'll check out the appropriate help files on this site.

Wish me luck!

Go Back to forum