• Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: (Corridor)

(Corridor) REVISED

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    Last edited by Michael A. Wiktor; 11-24-2011 at 02:24 AM. Reason: REVISED
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

Re: (Corridor)

Very great composing and orchestrating, Michael!

"Churning The Ghost", what is this? What is the history to what you have wrote your music?

I enjoyed listening.

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Indeed, a lot to themes, but they are engaging
    and are well handled by your orchestration.

This composition does need a few listens as it
    is so involved that one time through doesn't do
    it justice.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

I have to admit, I really enjoyed this piece! The sense of unease and unrest that is build throughout really adds to the tension, and I think the tempo setting is the perfect setting for an urgent, but steady and determined escape. I had a very nice listen, and will surely listen again!

I couldn't help notice there was a quality to the sound (the production, not the actual piece it self) that I feel I've heard before (especially in the sound quality of the woodwinds), but it was on a site that is now no longer running, and it was about 5 years ago...I believe the name was different anyway, and it was a small site, but oh well

Nicely done!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

All I get is 'The page cannot be displayed'...

It has been a while since you have posted anything.

I will write this quick because I am off to bed and will have to give this a few more listens in the future.

As always, the composing is first rate and the rendering is right up there as well.

Great job

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

I had a strange problem with the WMP, some file dissappearing...
    Now it's fixed and I could finally hear your composition.

I heard it several times.
    It is evident that there's a big battle going on within that 'corridor', and the battling forces take turns each to say their word, until the most powerful one has the final word... the light at the end of the tunnel!

A huge project, interesting composition, well done in every aspect of performance!

Michael - lots of work and good writing here! thanks for sharing with us! Love to hear more from you - Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

Ballsy work, Mr. Michael! Nice tonal colorations. Good orchestrating overall. Dramatic! I like it!

Larry G. Alexander

Michael, I really enjoyed this. The composition is excellent and the rendering also. The wind and brass are especially good. Loved the suspension once the drums died away just before the end. For me, the work was immediately appealing but will no doubt repay further listening as there is a lot to explore and uncover in this.

Regards, Graham

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast