Version 2 of the

Phrase Modeled Performance Multi

Featuring Improved Phrasing & Articulation scripting
    Instrument Specific Convolution
    Jazz Articulations including Falls, Bends, Drops & Gliss
    String & Breath Effects
    Channel Based Live Play Mode

Listen to the Demos Here

The Phrase Modeled Performance Multi is a container for all the instruments in the Garritan Libraries (Jazz & Big Band, Personal Orchestra, Concert & Marching Band, Stradivari Violin and Gofriller Cello), that replaces the default multi that loads with the Kontakt 2 Player (stand alone or VSTi). The multi includes scripting which adds a number of features to the Garritan Libraries.

Note Placement
    The multi provides the ability to vary note start timings to help humanize quantized sequences. Rather then random variations, the multi’s humanization are based on a sequence’s phrasing moving forward and behind the beat depending on note values. Timing variations are selectable via midi messages and supports separate settings for each midi channel.

Phrasing / Articulation
    The Performance Multi scripts modwheel, articulation, length, legato and Portamento for all legato instruments in the JABB, GPO & CoMB libraries and bowing key switches for string instruments in the GPO & JABB libraries. The Multi script models phrasing in real time based on note characteristics such as speed, length, velocity, overlap and space. The scripts will correctly interpret phrases based on the instruments capabilities avoiding, for example, a Saxophone or Trumpet playing up-tempo tongued sixteenth note triplets.

Instrument Parameters
    Tuning, Timber, Air Noise, Key/Valve Noise, Growl/Flutter, EQ Freq/Level and Vibrato are script generated with user definable strength on a channel basis.

The Performance Multi includes a Stradivari / Gofriller Mode providing scripting of the Stradivari Violin and Gofriller instruments dynamics, attack, phrasing and vibrato.

The Multi adds Program Change support allowing for example the String instruments to switch between arco, pizzicato and tremolo based on Program Change messages. The JABB Saxophone KS instruments will also change between Soprano Sax, Clarinet & Flute based on Program Change messages. Likewise the KS Brass can change mutes based on Program Change.

Jazz Articulations
    The Multi now supports various Jazz Articulations such as fall-offs, note bends, screams, squeezes, trills, turns, rips, drops and glisses enabling each effect with a single cc message. The Multi also automates Drum & Timpani rolls, Brush stirs, Plunger Mute and Bass & Guitar string noise. The breath samples above the JABB Brass, Saxophones and Woodwinds range can also be automated with volume control based on the detected phrasing of the instrument

Live Play Mode
    The Multi will switch to record mode, disabling timing and modwheel automation, on a channel basis with the detection of modwheel (cc1), breath control (cc2) or expression (cc11) messages allowing player control of these parameters. Vibrato is disabled with channel pressure detection and legato automation is disabled with sustain pedal (cc64) detection. Overlapped notes will continue to automate portamento and legato pedal and instrument parameters such as air noise, growl, timbre etc will continue to be automated. All automated parameters can be overridden with the appropriate played cc message.

New KS Patches
    The Multi includes a GM Classic Drum Set / Brushes KS, Steinway Piano / Rhodes KS, Jazz Guitar / Acoustic Guitar KS, Trumpet Open / Mutes / Plunger Mute / Flugelhorn KS, Trombone Open / Mutes / Plunger Mute KS and Upright / Fretless / Fretted / Arco Bass KS Instruments. All new patches like the JABB Sax and Brass KS instruments use Program Change messages to trigger the Key Switch and allow different parameter presets for the combined instruments

Re: Coming Soon - Version 2 Pharse Modeled Performance Multi

Quote Originally Posted by MMOSC View Post
    Coming Soon
    Version 2 of the

Phrase Modeled Performance Multi

Featuring Improved Phrasing & Articulation scripting
    Instrument Specific Convolution
    Jazz Articulations including Falls, Bends, Drops & Gliss
    String & Breath Effects
    Channel Based Live Play Mode

Listen to the Demos Here

The Phrase Modeled Performance Multi is a container for all the instruments in the Garritan Libraries (Jazz & Big Band, Personal Orchestra, Concert & Marching Band, Stradivari Violin and Gofriller Cello), that replaces the default multi that loads with the Kontakt 2 Player (stand alone or VSTi). The multi includes scripting which adds a number of features to the Garritan Libraries.

Note Placement
    The multi provides the ability to vary note start timings to help humanize quantized sequences. Rather then random variations, the multi’s humanization are based on a sequence’s phrasing moving forward and behind the beat depending on note values. Timing variations are selectable via midi messages and supports separate settings for each midi channel.

Phrasing / Articulation
    The Performance Multi scripts modwheel, articulation, length, legato and Portamento for all legato instruments in the JABB, GPO & CoMB libraries and bowing key switches for string instruments in the GPO & JABB libraries. The Multi script models phrasing in real time based on note characteristics such as speed, length, velocity, overlap and space. The scripts will correctly interpret phrases based on the instruments capabilities avoiding, for example, a Saxophone or Trumpet playing up-tempo tongued sixteenth note triplets.

Instrument Parameters
    Tuning, Timber, Air Noise, Key/Valve Noise, Growl/Flutter, EQ Freq/Level and Vibrato are script generated with user definable strength on a channel basis.

The Performance Multi includes a Stradivari / Gofriller Mode providing scripting of the Stradivari Violin and Gofriller instruments dynamics, attack, phrasing and vibrato.

The Multi adds Program Change support allowing for example the String instruments to switch between arco, pizzicato and tremolo based on Program Change messages. The JABB Saxophone KS instruments will also change between Soprano Sax, Clarinet & Flute based on Program Change messages. Likewise the KS Brass can change mutes based on Program Change.

Jazz Articulations
    The Multi now supports various Jazz Articulations such as fall-offs, note bends, screams, squeezes, trills, turns, rips, drops and glisses enabling each effect with a single cc message. The Multi also automates Drum & Timpani rolls, Brush stirs, Plunger Mute and Bass & Guitar string noise. The breath samples above the JABB Brass, Saxophones and Woodwinds range can also be automated with volume control based on the detected phrasing of the instrument

Live Play Mode
    The Multi will switch to record mode, disabling timing and modwheel automation, on a channel basis with the detection of modwheel (cc1), breath control (cc2) or expression (cc11) messages allowing player control of these parameters. Vibrato is disabled with channel pressure detection and legato automation is disabled with sustain pedal (cc64) detection. Overlapped notes will continue to automate portamento and legato pedal and instrument parameters such as air noise, growl, timbre etc will continue to be automated. All automated parameters can be overridden with the appropriate played cc message.

New KS Patches
    The Multi includes a GM Classic Drum Set / Brushes KS, Steinway Piano / Rhodes KS, Jazz Guitar / Acoustic Guitar KS, Trumpet Open / Mutes / Plunger Mute / Flugelhorn KS, Trombone Open / Mutes / Plunger Mute KS and Upright / Fretless / Fretted / Arco Bass KS Instruments. All new patches like the JABB Sax and Brass KS instruments use Program Change messages to trigger the Key Switch and allow different parameter presets for the combined instruments
    Mike,
    I love the demos and I downloaded the file, extracted as per your instructions but the multis do not show up in Kontakt 2. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? BTW I am using Sonar 7 as a host. THanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gaber View Post
    Mike,
    I love the demos and I downloaded the file, extracted as per your instructions but the multis do not show up in Kontakt 2. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? BTW I am using Sonar 7 as a host. THanks
    The multi that you downloaded using your username or email is a blank multi PMPM_def2 that you need to add instruments to. It should show up in the K2 Player browser under the 'User Multis' tab. The demo page has a multi for each demo the PMPMxxxxx downloads. Place these multis in your
    Kontakt Player 2\UserPatches\Multis\Phrase Modeled Performance Multis folder created with the main install They will also show up under the browser 'User Multis' tab.

Mike,
    thanks for your instructions. I have looked at the file I downloaded from your site and the only thing I can find is PMPM_def2.nkm. Are there more or do I just put that one file in the multi folder? I should tell you that I have made a preset by adding, first, your script then the instruments for a big band. I am very impressed to watch the K2 instruments automation at work and love the sound.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gaber View Post
    Mike,
    thanks for your instructions. I have looked at the file I downloaded from your site and the only thing I can find is PMPM_def2.nkm. Are there more or do I just put that one file in the multi folder? I should tell you that I have made a preset by adding, first, your script then the instruments for a big band. I am very impressed to watch the K2 instruments automation at work and love the sound.

Brian
    Thanks Brian, Glad your enjoying the multi. There are preset multi's available on the "Phrase Modeled Performance Multi MP3 & Multi Demos" link at the bottom of the main page, but what you did making your own preset is exactly what you were supposed to do.

Very interesting, Mike! I've downloaded the files, and hope to get some time soon to investigate using them. In the meanwhile, the demos are great!

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Very interesting, Mike! I've downloaded the files, and hope to get some time soon to investigate using them. In the meanwhile, the demos are great!

Randy B.
    Thanks Randy - looking forward to your feedback

BTW Version 2 is about a week or so away - finishing up the documentation and last minute loose ends

Hi Mike,

Any news on when it should be out?

Can't wait to try that out... one thing I could never get right with JABB right now is the noise parameters(Air, flutter, ...) that are either not strong enough at high velocity and too noisy at low velocity. If I understand correctly on the next version these will be scripted?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by labou View Post
    Hi Mike,

Any news on when it should be out?

Can't wait to try that out... one thing I could never get right with JABB right now is the noise parameters(Air, flutter, ...) that are either not strong enough at high velocity and too noisy at low velocity. If I understand correctly on the next version these will be scripted?

Thanks.
    labou,

Thanks for your interest in the PMPM scripting. The new release includes scripting air noise, key/valve clicks, freq/Eq, var1&2, vibrato, growl/flutter, breath effects and string noise along with improved phrasing and timing scripts. It should be out in a week or two as long as I stop adding and improving.

I have the Kontakt player 1.1.9.003 that came with JABB.

Do I need Kontakt 2? I downloaded and installed the multi to my JABB program folder, loaded it up with some patches and doesn't seem to make any difference to the realism.

Thanks for any assistance.

M

Go Back to forum