• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: "The USA Rag"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "The USA Rag"

    Y'all,

    I wrote "The USA Rag" this morning.

    I included bits of Americana in this work. This is the JABB Steinway piano.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "The USA Rag"

    where's the pizza?
    Shakey's pizza was a fun place as a kid.
    Makes me feel like I'm there.

    You sure have a lot of notes inside you Larry
    Dan

  3. #3
    Senior Member sosmus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    667

    Re: "The USA Rag"

    Larry:
    I'm glad you didn't succumb to the temptation to play a rag too fast. We'll have to start calling you the "King of Quotes" or "Don QuixQuotie." I trust you checked the copyrights to avoid the penalty for "lifting" more than four measures of a published work.
    I am so happy that I was able to again listen to the posts. Never did figure out what was wrong.
    You sure have a lot of notes inside you Larry
    Dan
    Ditto!

    Steve

  4. #4

    Re: "The USA Rag"

    Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    where's the pizza?
    Shakey's pizza was a fun place as a kid.
    Makes me feel like I'm there.

    You sure have a lot of notes inside you Larry
    Dan
    I've actually never been in a Shakey's pizza place.

    Thanks for having a listen, Mr. Dan.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  5. #5

    Re: "The USA Rag"

    Quote Originally Posted by sosmus View Post
    Larry:
    I'm glad you didn't succumb to the temptation to play a rag too fast. We'll have to start calling you the "King of Quotes" or "Don QuixQuotie." I trust you checked the copyrights to avoid the penalty for "lifting" more than four measures of a published work.
    I am so happy that I was able to again listen to the posts. Never did figure out what was wrong.
    Ditto!

    Steve
    I have no intention of using this work in a commercial fashion for profit, so I think that everything is OK. If not, I will remove it and delete it.

    I'm glad that your technical problems are over, Mr. Steve. Thanks for listening.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member sosmus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    667

    Re: "The USA Rag"

    Larry:
    I have no intention of using this work in a commercial fashion for profit, so I think that everything is OK. If not, I will remove it and delete it.
    This is the problem with writing instead of speaking, you couldn't my inflection as this was intended to be a joke. Now you know why I didn't pursue a career as a comedy writer.

    Steve

  7. #7

    Re: "The USA Rag"

    Quote Originally Posted by sosmus View Post
    Larry:
    This is the problem with writing instead of speaking, you couldn't my inflection as this was intended to be a joke. Now you know why I didn't pursue a career as a comedy writer.

    Steve
    Ain't no big thang, Mr. Steve. I'm glad that you pursued a career as an arranger/composer/trombonist/teacher/etc.

    I always appreciate your input.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Re: "The USA Rag"

    You always wring out great Rag, Larry; this one
    no exception!

    I like that piano sound you get for this kind of work,
    my friend -- perhaps you might once again elucidate
    the technique for those who haven't previously read
    up on the patented, genuine, all-American Alexander
    methodology for the synthetic production of the
    revered honky-tonk...

    Best,



    David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

  9. #9

    Re: "The USA Rag"

    I use two insertions of the JABB Steinway piano and detune one slightly.

    Yikes! I now have three postings on page one of this forum through no action of my own. I may get tarred and feathered anyway!

    Thanks for your message, Mr. David.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •