• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT-Doc says I have a Caa-pool-tunnel?

Share/Bookmark

Talking OT-Doc says I have a Caa-pool-tunnel?

I finally broke down and going for injections in the carpo-metacarpal joint of both thumbs plus left wrist for carpoltunnel tomarraa. I have no idea what a car-pool is doing in that tunnel but I want it out of there ASAP! It hoits to hold a pencil yet alone me drum sticks or use a keyboard or make a peanut butter sangwich, or take me darg fur a walk around the block. (Hey, everyone knows you don't walk your dog it walks you, yes?)

For what it’s worth I've been wearing splints for several weeks now that basically restrict the movement of me thumbs. I am tired of the severe pain (not to mention the other pain).
    Well, I know that this is no real concern for alarm but the firemen were here regardless!
    So, I will post an update when and if I can after the procedures are completed. That is if I can use me hands afterwards? (Ah, don't go there Ern! )

Car-pool-tunnel …. What’s a car doing in a tunnel with a pool in it Hemingway? In da caa! Da caa I said!.... IN DA CAAA! PAAK DA CAA!

Vish me luck, darlinks! I hear there is a small chance that shoosting this stuff sometimes can cause more problems or not work at all. (Sounds like me, I don't work at all either!)
    Styxx

Re: OT-Doc says I have a Caa-pool-tunnel?

Best of luck to you. I hope you finally get the car out of the tunnel or whaaat-eh-vah.

I guess now is not the time to say, "break a leg"!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

I dare say, Styxx, after reading that post.. maybe you are seeing the wrong kind of doctor?

Since technology took over our world, don't bother WRITING messages. You always can dictate them to some program and let them play for us.

All strength wishing, and how about the buttons on your shirt?

Raymond

Dang straight it does!
    Styxx

No problem Mike.

They just slice open the tunnel and the
    cars escape. A little healing of about
    two weeks and you are as good as new.

IIIIIFFFFFFFFFFF carpel tunnel is the problem.

My wife had the procedure done because she
    thought it was carpel tunnel, but it wasn't.
    So she healed and back to square one......

Incidentally, the doctor's name (for real) was
    Dr. Hand.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Hi Styxx,

I hear you man, lost my ability to play piano nearly four years ago. The best thing for me was a good physical therapist, he worked on my hand and at least got the day to day pain to go away. Injections just made me pass out-be careful (sit or lie down!). Best of luck,

Paul

Hey Styxx,

If it hurts to hold a pencil, then try holding a pen instead!

Rob

My wife had the procedure done because she
    thought it was carpel tunnel, but it wasn't.
    Probably just a minor traffic jam.

I went for accordionzone (AKA, "Twilight Zone") injections administered by one of Western N.Y. best hand surgeon. For several weeks prior, I was told by numerous patients that the shots were very painful and discomforting. Needleness to say I held off for awhile using splints to alleviate the everyday pain and numbness.

This past week I couldn't even hold or pick up anything yet alone play me own instruments or use a computer keyboard. I could pick up my wife that had to equate to something positive, yes? No? Maybe not?

Freeway, I had two injections. One in the lower part of the thumb near the wrist and one in the wrist underside at the joint left hand. No right hand today. Doc didn't want to take the chance of both hands swelling. Doc explained he needed to inject into my joint so I pulled one out but it appears he was talking about my left wrist.

Gangway, two nice shinny brightly sterilized herpidermic nurddles filled to the brim with Maxwell house decaffinated steroids. Didn't hurt as everyone depicted. Kind of like someone blowing up your wrist with air is the best way I can describe the sensation. Like, when I am riding on my snowboard with the wind in my face, whisking by with a cool sensation and .... wait, that was a York peppermint paddy I eat afterward.

Well, I was able to use the my left hand after a few hours with very minimal pain. However, my wife was furious the doc wouldn't give me something for the pain in the ace I cause her. Weeeeeee!

Now today I try to play me drums and guitar (not too mention the accordion.) I am scheduled for injections in the right hand in six to eight weeks. By then, the left will be all scwed up again.
    Styxx

Hope you mend quickly Mike. i think you'll be back to snowboarding and jumping off houses in no time.

Go Back to forum