• Register
  • Help

Topic: EWQL Pianos best on the planet..

Canary Islands

EWQL Pianos best on the planet..

I know this is my second time in praising EWQL pianos, but honestly, you can never say it enough. What a remarkable product from EASTWEST, again after sampling most of the piano VSTI libraries online the only thing that i believe came close was Synthogy's Ivory, but in comparison to EWQL pianos Ivory is still miles behind.

When i first sampled the demos from the QL pianos i thought they were a hoax, i mean i couldn't believe how realistic they sounded, virtually indistinguishable from the real thing, in my opinion it even sounds better than the real thing. I can honestly say that EWQL pianos is the best piano sample library on the planet today, once again thanks to the creators Doug Rogers & Nick Phoenix for providing us musicians with a superlative product.

Re: EWQL Pianos best on the planet..

I just ordered EWQL Pianos yesterday.. I can't wait to give it a try. I've used Ivory on three solo piano albums (one of which is set to release soon - visit http://www.usfourmusic.com for more info) and been very pleased with it.. Hoping these new pianos will blow me away entirely. I love what I hear from the East West site, but would love to hear a "real world" example more...

Jennifer, as an experienced Ivory user, I think your impressions of the relative strengths and weaknesses of it vs. Quantum Leap Pianos would be quite helpful to Michael88s in one of the aspects of his current decision making process.

Feel free to chime in at http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=62165 or send him a PM. I look forward to visiting your site soon.

Thanks Per! I just posted a response.. Hope it's helpful.

Thanks Jennifer, much appreciated. Good luck with the upcoming album!

northern california

Jennifer just listened to "It is well with my soul"...... i love it!

Hi Jennifer,
    Your playing is lovely - but I just wanted to check you were aware that your track 'Carol of the bells' is so very similar to one by George Winston that if I were him, I'd be upset!

Is he an influence on your playing style?

Ah - I've just checked which track it is and his one is also called 'Carol of the bells' - so yours is a cover version?

Nice playing though.

Seacave, last i checked Carol of the Bells was in the public Domain. if anybody deserves a royalty it would be the estate of Mykola Cmytrovych Leonovych. I seriously doubt George Winston is going to chase down someone whose arrangement of a song in the public domain sounds similar to his, unless she swiped it note-for-note, which seems doubtful. give her a break - does she look like somebody who would steal anything? at Christmas?

Ah, ok. I didn't realise it wasn't his own tune sorry, that's my bad as they say!

Having said that, take a listen to my link and her version and see for yourself. Note for note in many places

But hey, I'd be a hypocrite not to mention that all my playing is based on George Winston's style, that's why I noticed it within two seconds of listening and why I tracked down his version for comparison. So it is meant as a compliment - as I said at the start - "lovely playing".

looks like she's moved on since she hasn't come back with a response. so your comment probably fell on deaf ears. nobody should take anyone's work note-for-note and not give credit for it- for sure. but we are all influenced by others. everytime i listen to keith jarrett i wind up using sus chords a lot more in my playing. i guess imitation still is the greatest flattery?....

Go Back to forum