• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Topic: Classically Familiar - Piano, Cello and Violin

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Classically Familiar - Piano, Cello and Violin

    This is a piece that came to me one day but I was then haunted by the fact that it has already been done - but then again, maybe not. Or at least heavily influenced. Hence the title, Classically Familiar with piano, cello and violin.

    Anyway, this is my arrangement of it. So, any ideas on where it comes from would be appreciated. We are all so influenced by all the music out there as were the great composers of the past.

    It is in three short sections with the piano and cello exchanging and swapping parts in the first two parts. The third part (my fav) when the violin joins the cello and piano and connect but don't connect with each other.

    As usual, any suggestions on the writing (not sure of a couple of areas) rendering and recording, are always welcome!

    Classically Familiar


    Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

    http://www.mdtcommunications.com

  2. #2

    Re: Classically Familiar - Piano, Cello and Violin

    Del:

    Not immediately recognizing the "origination" of
    the basic theme, but your rendering of it is
    really gorgeous. All of the instruments sound
    so rich and are blended so well.

    BRAVO,

    Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

  3. #3

    Re: Classically Familiar - Piano, Cello and Violin

    Good stuff!!!!
    For a change a simple melody, nicely worked out. Thanks,


    Raymond

  4. #4

    Re: Classically Familiar - Piano, Cello and Violin

    Del

    No idea where it came from, but it is rendered very well.

    Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

    http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

  5. #5

    Re: Classically Familiar - Piano, Cello and Violin

    Quote Originally Posted by DelCarry View Post
    This is a piece that came to me one day but I was then haunted by the fact that it has already been done - but then again, maybe not. Or at least heavily influenced. Hence the title, Classically Familiar with piano, cello and violin.

    Anyway, this is my arrangement of it. So, any ideas on where it comes from would be appreciated. We are all so influenced by all the music out there as were the great composers of the past.

    It is in three short sections with the piano and cello exchanging and swapping parts in the first two parts. The third part (my fav) when the violin joins the cello and piano and connect but don't connect with each other.

    As usual, any suggestions on the writing (not sure of a couple of areas) rendering and recording, are always welcome!

    Classically Familiar


    Del
    Hello Del, I enjoyed this - good work with the solo instruments, especially the cello.

    There's a hint of something from a baroque slow movement here - but I can't say I can identify a definite piece that might have influenced this. I would say this is very much the work of Del Carry and carries the same qualities of sensitivity, space and mood that I enjoy in all your writing.

    Thanks for sharing. Regards, Graham

    www.soundclick.com/grahamkeitch

  6. #6

    Re: Classically Familiar - Piano, Cello and Violin

    Hi Del,

    When done right, simplicity is a beautiful thing... and this is definitely done right! Just gorgeous.

    I think we all have, to one degree or another, that gnawing fear of unwittingly plagiarizing favorite or oft-heard pieces -- I think it's safe to say this is all you; and it's all really good stuff! (I particularly loved the ending; perfectly subtle and understated -- very hip.)

    Danny

  7. #7

    Re: Classically Familiar - Piano, Cello and Violin

    I agree with the others here, this sounds absolutely beautiful. The composition is one that is haunting. I enjoy this very much. Thank you.
    Kind Regards

    Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

    Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

  8. #8

    Re: Classically Familiar - Piano, Cello and Violin

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2 View Post
    Del:

    Not immediately recognizing the "origination" of
    the basic theme, but your rendering of it is
    really gorgeous. All of the instruments sound
    so rich and are blended so well.

    BRAVO,

    Jack
    Jack - Well... looks like I will have to change the name of the song since everyone so far including myself cannot recognize it. Which is good news for me! SO... thanks for your encouragement and feedback Jack. It means even more when I "may" have written it.

    Good stuff!!!!
    For a change a simple melody, nicely worked out. Thanks,

    Raymond
    Raymond - thanks for commenting and for your observations. I have been leaning towards having stronger(simpler?) melodies rather than some parts melody and other parts just expressions or flourishes. But I find things going more pop(ish) though which is not necessarily where I want to go. Although I do find that a good portion of classical music is so mathematical and expression free. Not saying this is bad but I do prefer the stuff with more passion. Maybe I am just listening to the wrong radio station.
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

    http://www.mdtcommunications.com

  9. #9

    Re: Classically Familiar - Piano, Cello and Violin

    Del,

    This is gorgeous, elegant and deeply moving in its
    simplicity and grace.

    Writing like this can be the hardest of all to do well;
    creating a maximum of emotive effect with the barest
    minimum of resources.

    Admirably well done!

    My best,



    David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

  10. #10

    Re: Classically Familiar - Piano, Cello and Violin

    Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    Del

    No idea where it came from, but it is rendered very well.

    Ron
    Ron - Thanks for coming by to listen and comment - appreciated!

    Hello Del, I enjoyed this - good work with the solo instruments, especially the cello.

    There's a hint of something from a baroque slow movement here - but I can't say I can identify a definite piece that might have influenced this. I would say this is very much the work of Del Carry and carries the same qualities of sensitivity, space and mood that I enjoy in all your writing.

    Thanks for sharing. Regards, Graham
    Graham - As always - thanks for your kind words and encouragement - fuel to do more and better!
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

    http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •