• Register
  • Help

Topic: USB Driver/Keyboard problem

Share/Bookmark

USB Driver/Keyboard problem

I have the M-Audio Keystation pro 88 and it can be powered via USB, for midi too. Odd though, windows only occasionally recognizes it then it goes away after a few seconds. It's not an option within Cubase either but it once was.

Anyone have similar issues?
    I've tried everything I can think of.

I do turn off a lot of services in the background, is there any I need for this to work?
    Thanks
    2 X Intel i7 920 sys. 12 gigs Ram. XP & Win 7 64
    Cubase 5. Kontakt 4. EWQL C.C.C. (Play)
    Vienna Instruments SE & Plus. Symphobia. GPO.
    RME HDSPe AIO KRK V8s Avalon Vt-747sp
    M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

My two passions. Music and Cooking.
    Both require just the right ingredients....

Re: USB Driver/Keyboard problem

Does the keyboard come with drivers? If so make sure you have the latest ones. Also I would try uninstalling the driver and then run the setup disk again. Unplug the keyboard from the USB port until it is finished installing or you or prompted to do so. I was recently helping a lady setup her computer and she had a M-Audio interface that kept losing its drivers. I did what I suggested above and it worked fine for her after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaatza Music View Post
    Does the keyboard come with drivers? If so make sure you have the latest ones. Also I would try uninstalling the driver and then run the setup disk again. Unplug the keyboard from the USB port until it is finished installing or you or prompted to do so. I was recently helping a lady setup her computer and she had a M-Audio interface that kept losing its drivers. I did what I suggested above and it worked fine for her after that.
    The manual says it doesn't require drivers because of Win XP, it's a compliant USB device.

I will try and see what happens, thanks so much!
    2 X Intel i7 920 sys. 12 gigs Ram. XP & Win 7 64
    Cubase 5. Kontakt 4. EWQL C.C.C. (Play)
    Vienna Instruments SE & Plus. Symphobia. GPO.
    RME HDSPe AIO KRK V8s Avalon Vt-747sp
    M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

My two passions. Music and Cooking.
    Both require just the right ingredients....

Describe your routings of the MIDI and USB cables, and if you are using an additional USB / MIDI merger etc.

It sounds like a small tweak in the Device Manager might help.

I used 4 x KS88's a couple years ago live w/ great results, and " zero " power supplies. I personally used 2 of them and still do, but back then the extra 2 were used for lights and live FOH / Monitoring.

I have a new set up now that disables all but 1 USB port in the Device Manager, and have a " powered " USB Hub. This works great as I have discovered that Syncrosoft and various controllers work much better when the extra juice from an external power supply is added to the set up. Other benefits are zero IRQ sharing.

JimmyV

Quote Originally Posted by Kaatza Music View Post
    I noticed if you don't unplug the device while installing the drivers it seems to create problems. For me it added another device.

One thing I like about Line 6 products is when you upgrade drivers the installer tells you to unplug the device and when to plug it.

Maybe it's me but I think M-Audio is starting to get sloppy with their hardware.

Go Back to forum