• Register
  • Help

Topic: Today, 08-08-08, the luckiest day of the year!

Share/Bookmark

Today, 08-08-08, the luckiest day of the year!

You may not know it or feel it yet, but today your luck may change.

In China the number 8 is very lucky (especially having the Olympics start on this day at exactly 8:08pm).The word for it -- 'ba' -- sounds so close to the word for wealth that many people believe eight is a number that is linked to prosperity.Nine thousand weddings reportingly will take place in Beijing today.

The Chinese also believe six is lucky, while seven is bad -- and four is really really bad.

To some August 8, 2008 is a lucky day, but i think if really want to be lucky this day you need to stop by on chat today.

May the luck of the Chinese be with you!

Gary

Re: Today, 08-08-08, the luckiest day of the year!

8 is enough. Lucky eh? Well bust my buttons! I happen to like the number 4 and 7.

Lucky, does this mean I'm gonna ........ never mind.

See you on Chatner, Will Robinson! Danger Danger Danger ... The chat is about to take on a new meaning! Warning, Warning, Danger, this does not compute! Run Will Robinson, Run!

What are we chatn' about today?
    Styxx

Mr. G you've surpassed me in the amount of posts! Since I don't have a library of sounds to send you as a prize, can I send a bucket of Beefalo wings?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    You may not know it or feel it yet, but today your luck may change.

In China the number 8 is very lucky (especially having the Olympics start on this day at exactly 8:08pm).The word for it -- 'ba' -- sounds so close to the word for wealth that many people believe eight is a number that is linked to prosperity.Nine thousand weddings reportingly will take place in Beijing today.

The Chinese also believe six is lucky, while seven is bad -- and four is really really bad.

To some August 8, 2008 is a lucky day, but i think if really want to be lucky this day you need to stop by on chat today.

May the luck of the Chinese be with you!

Gary
    Hello Gary, well, being in the UK, 08/08/08 happened a while before my friends across the pond and I'm still waiting for some luck .. and we have a black cat as well
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    Hello Gary, well, being in the UK, 08/08/08 happened a while before my friends across the pond and I'm still waiting for some luck .. and we have a black cat as well
    Right! 8/8/8 happened sooner there. Europeans put days before months too.

What a day! Nothing like this has happened for 399 days (7/7/7). And we won't see anything like it again until 9/9/9 in 396 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    ..... Europeans put days before months too.
    Yes we do so in the states it would be 08/08/08 but here it's 08/08/08 .. can be a bit confusing sometimes
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum