• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help for a Windows newbie

Share/Bookmark

Help for a Windows newbie

Hey all,

A little background, then the question.

Finale 2008 and 2009 has a bug in the Mac version in which tied notes are cut off (randomly) during playback. The developers are aware and are working on a fix, but in the meantime I need to write in Finale and produce quick demos using the built-in "save as audio" feature.

In order to do this I installed Boot Camp, then Windows XP (sp3) on the partition. Finale installed no problem ( I installed both 2008 and 2009 for Windows). I also installed the CMB library with no issues, and Finale 2008 sees the library just fine.

Here's the question:
    I installed Jazz and Big Band, but Finale 2008 doesn't see the library in the Kontakt 2 Player.
    What do I need to do to get Finale (actually the Kontakt 2 player) to see the JABB library?

I think I have seen something about a .dll file? Is that the VST plug-in for JABB?

FYI, I'm not moving to Finale 2009 yet as my main writing software (in either Mac or Windows) until I finish this season's work. (I arrange music for high school marching bands.)

Thanks for helping! and please speak gently to me, I am a rank beginner in the Windows OS!!
    Brad Pearson
    THG Music
    Spokane WA

MacBook Pro (2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo), 3 gig RAM, OS 10.6.5, Finale 2011b, GPO4 & CMB2

Re: Help for a Windows newbie

Looking on my system where I had JABB for a long while and GPO recently I can only find a .dll for JABB, together with dll files for Kontakt Player. From that I assume that when updating to Player 2 all the Garritan systems became different.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post
    Looking on my system where I had JABB for a long while and GPO recently I can only find a .dll for JABB, together with dll files for Kontakt Player. From that I assume that when updating to Player 2 all the Garritan systems became different.
    Thanks for sharing your information. So, did I mess up by installing CMB first, since it uses the more recent Kontakt Player 2? I then installed JABB which did install the previous Kontakt Player 1.

So much to learn!

Can anyone else offer some thoughts on this?
    Brad Pearson
    THG Music
    Spokane WA

MacBook Pro (2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo), 3 gig RAM, OS 10.6.5, Finale 2011b, GPO4 & CMB2

if you use JABB in kontakt 1, then you can update to player 2, search the forum I believe there is an instruction or go to www.garritan.com, its a free update.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Go Back to forum