• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sorry I was away for so long.

Share/Bookmark

Sorry I was away for so long.

Hi,

At the first of the year, my Mom went into a skilled nursing facility, and i began looking for a job to return to work. In March, I was offered a job at the company i used to work for and i gladly accepted it. The house i have been living in was owned by my brother and went up for sale, but offered to me for a very good price.

I started working on the house (an old fixer upper) to help it get financing, and after several mortgage companies turned me down (because i haven't worked for almost six years), one finally approved a loan based on me having returned to the same company i worked for before stopping work to take care of my Mom, counting the 6 years away as a leave of absence.

The company is in Southlake and i live in Dallas, one hour to get to work and sometimes two hours + to get back home. Soon after i started they began requiring a lot of overtime. So working 12 hour days and eight or ten on Saturdays, and cleaning up years of junk, and fixing the house, along with all the time i had to spend with mortgage company, jumping through their hurdles and finding old records for them and stuff, has kept me very busy. I was worn down with no time or energy to post.

But now I'm back working less hours, and the proud owner of a humble two/three bedroom brick house.

I missed everyone and sorry i missed y'alls posting and i'm so glad to have time now to read and catch up, and hope to visit the listening room soon

David

Re: Sorry I was away for so long.

Welcome back, Mr. David!

All of your hard work will pay off. You will enjoy the fruits of your labor some day. Hang in there!

Best regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Well, welcome back, David! Hope your return is long-lived...

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    Welcome back, Mr. David!

All of your hard work will pay off. You will enjoy the fruits of your labor some day. Hang in there!

Best regards,

Larry
    Thanks Larry! I think it is already paying off, because now i don't have to move.

Quote Originally Posted by DDW View Post
    Well, welcome back, David! Hope your return is long-lived...
    Thanks Danny! It will be. That was the most frustrating thing, to have to do all that work on their deadlines and never having time to come to the forum.

I had to do crazy things like clean up a kitchen and make superficial cosmetic repairs, even though i plan to gut this kitchen and put in new stuff. That time was waisted to appease the nuts at the mortgage company, but now i can take my time and do one room at a time and do it right.

This has a room that was converted from a garage. i always thought it was a third bedroom, but the appraisal called it a rec room. Now it is going to be a Studio.

David

Thumbs up Re: Sorry I was away for so long.

Hi Leaf

Nice to hear you're back. You did the right thing, man. Congratulations.

tony h
    tony h
    Master Comp. P5 deluxe intel dual core, Windows XP Pro, 4G ram, HD's=OS Audio, two samples, Cubase 3/4 , GVI Kirk Hunter Concert strings, KH Concert brass, Emerald, Miroslav strings, brass, Quantum Leap brass. DAW and Master comp by pcaudiolabs- Slave Comp for VI only, Gigabyte Intel ,8G ram, ethernet, Windows Vista Ultimatex64, VI Ensemble,VI SE Appasionata strings.

Thanks Tony! I'll invite you over to see when i get the place a little more presentable, right now it is still a bit of a mess.

David

Hi David

Been wondering where you've been and glad you're back among friends. Life has a way of happening and you have been very busy with many things - long commutes, new house,mortgage, work .... Glad the work load is lessening. Much has happened here too. Hope to see more of you.

Welcome back!

Gary

Welcome back.

Hi David!!!

I'm so happy that you're back! I missed you!!!
    Also, thanks so much for the wonderful comments in the wedding post!! You're so sweet!!
    Keep in touch!!

Take Care,
    Steph

Go Back to forum