• Register
  • Help

View Poll Results: Vote in the Garritan Movie Music Challenge - CHALLENGE #3 "The Galactic Milieu"

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Vote in the Garritan Movie Music Challenge - CHALLENGE #3 "The Galactic Milieu"

Share/Bookmark

Post Vote in the Garritan Movie Music Challenge - CHALLENGE #3 "The Galactic Milieu"

It's time to...

Vote in the Garritan Movie Music Challenge - CHALLENGE #3 "The Galactic Milieu"

There were 4 entries this time and each of the participants did a remarkable job.

The choices are:For this third movie challenge the theme is Julian May's "The Galactic Milieu" sci-fi trilogy and the premise of this round was:
    The setting is the mid-twenty-first century, and humanity is beginning to enjoy membership in the Galactic Milieu, a confederation of alien species spread throughout the galaxy. Gradually humanity is evolving advanced psychic abilities that characterize the next step in human evolution. Soon, Humanity will be able to join in psychic union with the rest of the alien species that make up the Milieu, in what is known as "Unity". But xenophibia is deeply rooted in the human soul, and a growing group of rebels are plotting to keep humanity forever separate, in the name of individualism. At their head is a man, Marc Remillard, obsessed with the idea of human superiority. His goal: the elevation, through advanced technology, of human metaphysics above all others, to dominate the universe.

Inexorably, civil war grows, and those who would peaceably join the galactic Unity must face the possible annihilation of mankind in a bloody galactic war against the ethnocentric rebels. The peaceful use of their immense mental powers and the eventual breakthrough of the collective human mind into a state of universal Unity is the only thing that can save the galaxy and pave the way for the Golden Age of the Galactic Milieu to take place.

The film clip being presented contains brief scenes of dialogue, establishing some of the major players in the drama - the villain, Marc Remillard; the heroes, Jack Remillard (known as Jack the Bodiless) and his wife, and scenes of various alien factions.

There will also be scenes of alien vistas, space travel and futuristic cities.

The clip will end with a montage of the ultimate battle, where Jack the Bodiless and Diamond mask, his wife, face off alone in outerspace against the entire rebel armada. Their tremendous mental powers working together and bringing about, through sheer will of mind, the great Unity of every single human mind in the galaxy. The instant of Unity, which breaks the will of the rebels and brings peace to the galaxy, is the emotional climax of the film.

Many many thanks to wrayer for setting up this challenge. Thanks again to Sean for hosting the entries. And a big thanks to those who participated in this round!

This is a "one-vote-per-person" poll. We'll keep the voting open for about two weeks.

Have fun and best of luck!

Gary Garritan

Re: Vote in the Garritan Movie Music Challenge - CHALLENGE #3 "The Galactic Milieu"

My oh my, what wonderful pieces of music we have here this time. Congratulations and the best of luck to all the contestants!

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Vote in the Garritan Movie Music Challenge - CHALLENGE #3 "The Galactic Milieu"

A difficult choice once again. Good luck to all!

My best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Votes cast by multisiliquous beings count twice.

I enjoyed all of these. GOOD JOB ALL!!!!!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

I also thought they were ALL gorgeous.

However, as the originator of this particular challenge, I was a bit dissappointed by one thing that all the submissions seemed to have in common: I was hoping someone would render the "mystical" climax of the story with something more awe-inspiring.

Great music, all of them, with that single complaint for me.

[quote=qccowboy;583115] I was hoping someone would render the "mystical" climax of the story with something more awe-inspiring.
    quote]

Two points:

1) I am bumping this to keep it active
    2) I thought two hinted at the mystical (though not at the climax)

Voting will go one more week. I will be out of town until then, so best of luck to all the participants!

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Very interesting entries this time . It seems #4 has taken a good lead, but it will be fun to see if any changes happen in the next week. Good luck to everyone, and thanks to wrayer and Sean for keeping this contest going!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy View Post
    I also thought they were ALL gorgeous.

However, as the originator of this particular challenge, I was a bit dissappointed by one thing that all the submissions seemed to have in common: I was hoping someone would render the "mystical" climax of the story with something more awe-inspiring.

Great music, all of them, with that single complaint for me.
    Hi Michel and All,

I quite agree - these entries are wonderful!

I wonder if this suggests that there's no universal interpretation of "mystical"? Wasn't it Eric Satie who wrote "Think Red" on the manuscript as guidance for the performer?

Perhaps each of the composers has a different interpretation of what makes for an awe-inspiring climatic segment ... either that or they ran out of time before reaching their mind's perfection as that happens to me pretty much all the time!

Ken

Well done to everyone

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

I feel we only need one more day of voting. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow and we have 17 votes. This has laid dormant, so it lends me to believe that those that wanted to vote have.

If you haven't voted, please do so now.

Thanks,
    Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Go Back to forum