• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ouverture for the coolest symphony orchestra ever!

Talking Ouverture for the coolest symphony orchestra ever!

Some time ago I as privileged with the task to create a piece specificly for our symphony orchestra. Meaning that I (alas) had to manage without oboes and bassoons
    Since our orchestra is a... um, I don't wanna say junior orchestra because we'ra a heck of a lot better than that but, anyway, we're a bunch of kids, no wait, youths , so the thing was to try to manifest that through a piece of music. Now, It's not even sure we'll be playing it but nevertheless it's a decent piece of craftmanship...

I hope you'll enjoy it - it's entitled "Ouverture"
    Regards Danial Zainali
    Reinvent powdered wigs!

Re: Ouverture for the coolest symphony orchestra ever!

I do hope you orchestra still performs this.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

Very well done, Danial!

I certainly hope you get to have this performed; a worthwhile
    piece -- and hey, who needs a full woodwind section anyway,
    right... lol?

With applause,

David Sosnowski

You will learn a bunch if your orchestra can perform this.
    It's not until a piece is "born" that you can be entirely
    satisfied (with what you created).

Keep writing and welcome to the Garritan Forum.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

If you are using Finale, I would highly recommend the liberal use of Human Playback for the initial recording and then save as a type one midi file in order to further render in a DAWS such as Sonar or Cubase. No matter how good the samples that are in use the mathematical perfection of note on/note off data implemented in standard notation programs tends to destroy sonorities that would be associated with normal instrumentation making everything sound like a cheap tone wheel organ (aka Lowery etc).

Good Luck,

Go Back to forum