• Register
  • Help

Topic: VST chorus for Gigastudio 4

Share/Bookmark

VST chorus for Gigastudio 4

Hi,..... (also posted on "learn GS site")
    From Gigasampler onward the NFX chorus was never fixed, and intermittently produces a shrill or clicking sound. If you have a vst chorus that has worked with Gigastudio without any issues please tell me, as this appears to be the only remaining hassle for me.
    I have tried with varying results "Classic Chorus" ( worked for a while then just stopped. ) "Blue cat stereo chorus" ( had an effect on VSTi running at the same time, some sort of conflict) ..... please let me know if you have been getting a good result.
    Even with the demise of GS4, the software rolls on in my world.
    Thanks in advance....
    cheers
    Bryan H
    Queensland Australia
    Equipment Hardware:
    Sager laptop (Clevo)
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1
    Intel Core Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHZ 8.00 GB Ram
    2 x SSD drives 120 & 128 GB
    ST9160823AS 150GB 7200 rpm
    RME Fireface 800
    Software:
    Gigastudio 4
    Native Instruments B4 VSTi Bridged "Jbridge"
    Dosbox 0.74 running "Texture" sequencer.

Re: VST chorus for Gigastudio 4

Really living in hope somebody will comment, there must be hundreds of musicians out there using a chorus plugin. Just a quick comment on anything that works with GS4 or 3 please.
    cheers
    Bryan H
    Equipment Hardware:
    Sager laptop (Clevo)
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1
    RME Fireface 800
    Software:
    Gigastudio 4

I really like the PSP chorus plugins (I have all three)..

I heard the Chorus from the Nomad Blue Tubes Bundle is working in GS.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Yo' Bry,

Yes, a critical, often overlooked VST effect. DSP plugs really excell w/ modulation based effects, but I still have yet to hear a good VST plug. My Chorus effect in GS4 / GVI works fine, but adds color like a generic VST plug.

If you really want to warm up your samples I heard a chap using FM8 a few months back that had some awesome EP sounds using a Receptor and a TC Electronics Chorus Pedal.

I use hardware and DSP effects over VST as their quality is quite noticable, and I prefer real time control via MIDI CC's for rates, depths, etc. VST effects cannot be used like this as I am sure you know. Take any VST effect and attach a MIDI CC and a knob or slider to it. The additional coloring is bad enough, but moving a controller to change parameters in real time shows VST's inherent weakness.

But hey they are so cheap, and sometimes their coloring can be useful.
    JimmyV

Thanks to all for your comments, and will look at everything ....
    Hey Jimmy,
    That "Flu liquid" thing you demoed was exactly what I am after, alas it is not a VST, so I guess will have to hold my breath until they release it.
    Have you decided to stick with GS4 for the new rig? I was wondering how you got on.
    I have GS4 under control including the CCs, which now load up in 6 areas with one key stroke, pointless waiting for anything like an update. I hope someone useful buys it, (GS4) and I can think of a few ...
    Anyhow thanks again everybody
    cheers
    Bryan H (Queensland Australia)
    Equipment Hardware:
    Sager laptop (Clevo)
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1
    RME Fireface 800
    Software:
    Gigastudio 4

GS4 will be used to create custom instruments and performances in GVI, and I will use Bidule to host GVI's and VSTi / K2 stuff.

I might get GS4 going again but I couldn't get CHein Horns to work in GS4 so back to the 3GB PAE Switch and Bidule.

http://www.sonictimeworks.com/home.php

Contact the Dutch guy named Craig there and ask for warp69's VST emulation of the Lexicon algo's. The DSP version is flawless as I have the hardware PCM's and was impressed at the quality of this plug. It is a giant DSP resource hog, but wraps itself w/o colorisation around any audio source and the chorus is just like the 5 tapper from the PCM81.

I just found out about this, so there ya' go.

The Fluid / Liquid device turns my EP's into waterfalls and I cannot live w/o it. I hope after XITE-1 is released the developer has the time to do a VST version for eveyone. His sales will no doubt be much better but these DSP guys aren't in it for the money apparently, but the quality. You'd think w/ Octa Core CPU's VST developers could achieve similar results. Maybe sometime next year?
    JimmyV

Thanks Jimmy,
    I will see how it goes, and will be in touch
    cheers
    Bryan
    Equipment Hardware:
    Sager laptop (Clevo)
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1
    RME Fireface 800
    Software:
    Gigastudio 4

Go Back to forum