• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Install Problem

GPO Install Problem

I have installed the new Kontakt Player 2.2.4. I have also installed the original library to a folder GPO Library. I have started up Kontakt (stand alone) and directed the path to this folder. If you click instruments and multis you can select them. However, when you select them, a message saying that they won't play in this player appears and nothing loads. What can I do to correct this problem? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dave O.

iMAC 2.66 GHz Dual Core, MAC OS X 10.5.4, ProTools 7.4.2

Re: GPO Install Problem

Hi Dave,

The multis and instruments from the original GPO library (KP1) are not compatible with the KP2 stuff. The KP2 installer should put the working set of multi and instrument text files in a GPO Library KP2 directory. You'll need to have the 3 monolith files (GPO_library_part_x) in this KP2 directory. Then set the KP2 path to this folder.

Hope this helps,

Obviously, the installer did not put the correct files in that folder. In fact, it did not even create that folder. How do I obtain these files? Thanks in advance.
    Dave O.
    iMAC 2.66 GHz Dual Core, 4 GB RAM, MAC OS X 10.5.4, ProTools 7.4.2

I think you should install GPO KP2.2.3 before updating to KP2.2.4. Judging from the size of the installer files, the KP2.2.4 update doesn't carry the GPO KP2 library files. The GPO KP2.2.3 update does carry the necessary library files and creates the directories, Reegs mentioned.

That is true. I didn't understand that part and called NI. So for anyone who needs to know the install process from version 1.x to 2.2.4 on the MAC, it is the following:

1. Go to the NI website's updates & drivers page and select Garritan -Personal Orchestra. It will show an entry to get a GPO Kontakt Player version 2 serial number. Click the What's this? and get the new serial number via your e-mail.

2. On the same list, you will see GPO Kontakt Player 2.2.3 update. Download and install this file.

3. Go back to the updates and drivers page and select Garritan - Personal Orchestra KP2 Update. You will see Kontakt Player 2.2.4 MAC Update. Download and install this file.

4. This is also a crucial step. The Kontakt Player 2 installer creates a new folder called GPO K2 Library. It does NOT contain the GPO_part1, 2 & 3.nks files from the original version 1.x disks. You must copy them from the GPO Library folder that was created for version 1.x to the GPO K2 Library folder.

5. At that point, you should be able to start up the Kontakt Player 2 and use GPO.
    Dave O.
    iMAC 2.66 GHz Dual Core, 4 GB RAM, MAC OS X 10.5.4, ProTools 7.4.2

Go Back to forum