• Register
  • Help

Topic: Corolin (Cello & Piano)

Share/Bookmark

Corolin (Cello & Piano)

This is not a new piece, but a new setting. The cello seems the most fitting instrument. Cello articulations need more tweaking when time and mood are both present.

Corolin (Cello & Piano)

GPO Steinway and Cello.

Richard

Re: Corolin (Cello & Piano)

This must be the most tonal composition I have ever heard from you. I was not sure if I had perhaps downloaded the wrong file It is a beautiful lyrical duet. I enjoyed it a lot, thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Richard! WOW!! Beauuuutiful!! I'm not sure what much else could be done to "tweak" the cello... it sounds great! Wonderful writing.

This sounds SO good, I'd be very curious to hear what the new Authorized Steinway sounds like in this (although the GPO version is certainly more than adequate)... the piano is much more of a duet partner than a mere accompaniment in this (maybe a Steinway owner would volunteer a quick "sub job" ???).

Love this, Richard! Thanks for posting.

Danny

Richard

On so many of your pieces I had wished you would do a duet so I am very
    pleased you did one with this.

Very nice

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

I agree with LouisD, you're usually very avant-garde, or at least atonal. Nonetheless, you have strength with this style of music too, as you just showed us. Very beautiful piece. Can't wait to hear something more like this from you in the future!
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:
    http://www.box.net/shared/ejtluyupfb

Most excelent!

Pieces like this remind me just how awesome the solo instruments in GPO are.
    Experience what is necessary to build upon self character, for that is Life's most significant learning event.

The 'cello work in this is just gorgeous, Richard.

Don't touch it... lol!

My best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Cool Re: Corolin (Cello & Piano)

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    This is not a new piece, but a new setting. The cello seems the most fitting instrument. Cello articulations need more tweaking when time and mood are both present.

Corolin (Cello & Piano)

GPO Steinway and Cello.

Richard
    I enjoyed the beautiful Asian pentatonic and poetic melody, Richard!

Very calm and mild compared to your Planets, lol! Let me add that I have listened about 20 times to your planets by now! Has it ever been performed? I really think it's one of your greatest pieces!

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
    I enjoyed the beautiful Asian pentatonic and poetic melody, Richard!

Very calm and mild compared to your Planets, lol! Let me add that I have listened about 20 times to your planets by now! Has it ever been performed? I really think it's one of your greatest pieces!

Fred
    Well, thank you, Fred. Planets has not been performed. Not much of my music has been performed. This past summer was the first performance of one of my piano pieces in Santa Rosa. More performances would obviously please me, but I have no immediate prospects.

Richard

Cool Re: Corolin (Cello & Piano)

Well! I will keep this music in mind if I get involved in a film project. I will then let other people listen to it!

It sounds perfect as it is, it needs no alteration or other instrumentation!
    The bass ostinato keeps pumping in the background...
    The main theme is modern and ancient at the same time, esoteric, even spiritual! I can imagine hearing it in an exciting History channel episode!

By the way! Do you know who Jan Hammer is? Here is a little christmas gift! Mahavishnu Orchestra Live . Here also!

Leonard Bernstein mentions Mahavishnu in his Harvard lectures in the 70s, while talking about the intricate polyrythmic score of the Rite of Spring.

I hope you enjoy the clips! (Don't forget to count the 12/4 beat, lol!)

Your performance has the claw of the lion!

Fred

Go Back to forum