• Register
  • Help

Topic: I a bit noivous!

Share/Bookmark

Red face I a bit noivous!

Nervous that is. Today I attend a meeting to discuss the short film project I will be working on. This is the first time I've ever tried setting music to film and consequently my mind is racing filled with ideas and other emotions. One being I should have bought the Steinway weeks ago.

This post may be irrelevant but it seemed like a nice way to let go the aberrations.

Vish me luck darlinks.
    Styxx

Re: I a bit noivous!

Best of Luck, Styxx! You have experience and creativity and good tools (minus the Steinway at the moment ) so - Rock on!!

Mark McDowell

Youm gonna be on da fillums wiv a joanna. How u play wiv da carpool, banging fists on keys, clunk plink ?

Good luck ennyway
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Had injections in left thumb and wrist last week Wednesday. The injections work almost immediately. It has been a long time my hand feeling so good. Wish the doc would have done the right hand but he insisted on waiting six weeks to do the right hand.

Anyway ......................... focus.
    Styxx

Hi Styxx -

I've never wanted to be a film composer, but based on what I've read, you should try not to get "married" to your music. That perfect cue that you sweat blood over might be dismissed by the producer as not being "purple enough" (actual quote by a producer). Producers are usually not musicians, but they have very strong opinions about how the music should be.

Now maybe everything will go smoothly. I hope it does. But if they blindside you by announcing that they've cut 3 minutes from the middle section and added 10 minutes of new footage to the end, after you thought you were done - be ready to roll with the punches and just get the job done. Your job is to please the producer.

I wish you much luck and success!
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

Hey Stixx, i have to second what klassical said. I just finished my first "real" film score today. By "real", i mean a film that actually has money, and requires meetings and rewrites and months of work. and although it was a really great experience and i and everyone was happy with the results, It didn't end up with the music that i wanted the most. it was a tremendous learning experience and the most important thing i learned was....

CHARGE MORE!

enjoy it.
    gs

There's only one thing worse than being noivous - and that's being around a noivous broad.

I tink ya gonna mess it up - and den duh Chicago mob will come get ya!

GOOD LUCK!

Styxx
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Go Back to forum