• Register
  • Help

Topic: music popping?

Share/Bookmark

music popping?

Hey all.

I use Finale and I use the GPO and JABB plug-ins with it. Let's say I'm done with a piece and I want to make an mp3 file. So I save it as an mp3.

Here's the thing. When I play it back, it almost sounds like the song is being played from a record or something. There's a popping noise interrupting the music. It's not non-stop popping, just here and there, but enough to be annoying.

What I'm wondering is this - is this a problem with my computer's audio/volume configurations, or is it something to do with GPO? When I play it back in Finale, I get the popping as well.

Re: music popping?

It sounds like the latency is set too low on your soundcard. Try lowering it.

What hardware and soundcard are you using?

Also, you may want to post this issue over on the Garritan forum section here.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    It sounds like the latency is set too low on your soundcard. Try lowering it.

What hardware and soundcard are you using?

Also, you may want to post this issue over on the Garritan forum section here.

Jim
    Here's my hardware:

Acer Aspire 6920G
    Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
    Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83 Ghz
    3.00 GB RAM
    32-bit operating system
    Realtek High Definition Audio soundcard

How do I change the latency?

Yeah, it's likely the audio buffer. The stock Realtek cards aren't that great in terms of real-time audio performance.

Look for an Audio or Hardware Settings menu in Finale. On that page you'll be able to choose you playback device and probably be able to configure its Output Latency or Sample Buffer. Raise it.

Go Back to forum