• Register
  • Help

Topic: Windows XP64 music software compatibility ... I hope everyone finds this helpful!

Share/Bookmark

Windows XP64 music software compatibility ... I hope everyone finds this helpful!

Hello everyone!
    I recently added a "Resources" page to my web site, on which there is a list of many music software programs I have tested in Windows XP Professional 64-bit. I have a list of what works and doesn't work, as well as some 64-bit bugs that I've found.
    I searched for a long time to find out what worked and what didn't before upgrading to 64-bit, but I found very little information on the subject, and most people on forums were just as curious as I was. So, after pioneering, I'd just like to share with you what I learned ... I hope you find it helpful!
    God bless,
    Alex

Re: Windows XP64 music software compatibility ... I hope everyone finds this helpful!

Thank you, Alex.

Pretty recently I upgraded one of my computers to an Athlon X2 5600. It works very well with XP 64. However, many software packages have problems. In my case I am using Sonar Home Studio 6 XL 64. It's a very good DAW, but at its writing it had limitations as far as its capabilities for 64 bit processing. I have Garritan GPO and JABB. Kontact 2 included as sample player works with 64 bit OSs but it's optimized only for 32 bit processing. And so it goes. I'll have to update Garritan to its new ARIA sample player. I will also upgrade to Sonar HS 7 XL to have a fully 64 bit DAW. Since XP 64 is extremely robust, I'll cling to it till Microsoft works out the problems in whatever OS it will produce at the point in time when I am ready to upgrade.

Thanks for your input, Sylva.

Go Back to forum