• Register
  • Help

Topic: EWQLSO Platinum Complete Installation Problem

Share/Bookmark

EWQLSO Platinum Complete Installation Problem

Alright here is the issue:

I purchased the Platinum Complete Play upgrade and have only now had the chance to install it. When I try to install disc one, I select the volume, the destination folders, and it begins to install. Less than a second after the installation begins, it stops and a message appears that says "There were errors installing the software" and below that it says "Please try installing again."
    Well I've tried to install it again about 6 or 7 times and the same thing happens each time.
    I've also tried to install EWQL Pianos and the same thing happens there too.

I have a Mac Pro with 2.6 TB free hard drive space, 16 GB RAM running Mac OS X 10.4.11, so compatibility should not be an issue.

I just sent an e-mail to techsupport@eastwestsounds.com, but they don't handle questions on weekends.
    I posted here because I need to get this software installed as soon as possible.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Re: EWQLSO Platinum Complete Installation Problem

Better to post this on the EW forum? There are many discussions on this topic

Peace

rikp

Well I've already posted the same thread on the forums, I just wanted to post here to maximize my chances of getting an answer that can solve my problem.

For some reason it won't let me say "Sounds Online" forums. I tried to say Sounds Online as one word and I edited it 3 times and it still just says "I already posted it on the forums." Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettG View Post
    For some reason it won't let me say "Sounds Online" forums. I tried to say Sounds Online as one word and I edited it 3 times and it still just says "I already posted it on the forums." Weird.

Yeah, there was a falling out between the two sites a fews back and that coupled with the advertising policies on this forum results in some words being restricted or censored. As you've found, however, there are workarounds.

I'm not a mac guy, but is there a chance of being able to dig up the install log the program creates? Perhaps that could give you some insight into at least where it's encountering the difficulties.

-Reegs

Ok I checked the installer logs and this is all it said:

Aug 16 15:37:18 garrett-guions-computer : Package Authoring Error: Infinite loop between <choice> start_* attributes and mixed state aborted.

Aug 16 15:37:18 garrett-guions-computer : Package Authoring Error: Infinite loop between <choice> attributes and mixed state aborted.

Aug 16 15:38:28 garrett-guions-computer : Install failed: The following install step failed: run preflight script for EWQL Orchestra Instruments Brass

I have absolutely no idea what that means.

Any ideas?

Have you tried repairing permissions?

Wilfredo.
    Windows XP pro SP3 • Intel Core Quad 2.4GHz HT • Ram: 4GB
    M-Audio Delta 2496 • M-Audio Axiom 61 Controller

This is what the EW forums say regarding the preflight error:

-If you are getting a 'Preflight Script...' error when installing on Mac you most likely need to install the LIBRARY into a location other than the default location (the root of your system drive). You can choose to install the sample library in any location from the 'Custom Install' screen. For Platinum there is an arrow to the left of LIBRARY, click it and it will show each section and where it is being installed to under the 'Location' column... select the up/down arrow and choose 'other' to set this to a different drive/location. We do suggest creating a parent folder for the library to go inside (this can be named anything, such as EWQLSO Library). Note the picture below if you are having difficulty seeing where to do this. Also this can be found in Step #4. of our EWQLSO Installation FAQs.

Got it working over here after an hour or two.

I had the same problem. The solution for me was to create a new folder and name it EWQLSO XXXX Library. This did the trick. It's seems as if the problem is that the library must be installed within a folder rather than direct to root level, or more likely that it needs the folder in order for the appropriate file file structuring.

Yeah I found that Preflight script error on the Sounds Online forums a few hours after posting this and I changed the folder name and now all is well.

Thank you all for your responses.

Go Back to forum