• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any chance of GPO with ARIA player?

Share/Bookmark

Any chance of GPO with ARIA player?

I've been using GPO with Finale (Mac) and the troublesome NI KP2 player for years now, and was overjoyed when Finale 2009 changed to a different player mechanism ("Aria" by Pogue).

But of course the old GPO doesn't work with the new player, which is slicker, simpler, faster and seems to use a lot less system resources.

What are the chances of upgrading GPO so it runs on Aria?

Re: Any chance of GPO with ARIA player?

It's in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    It's in the works.
    1) does this mean a GPO version for ARIA will be available within months? Or rather a year or so?
    2) would there be substantial advantage in switching to a MacPro 8 core instead of I-mac dual core, when working with GPO and Finale?
    thank you,
    Maarten

Hi Maarten,
    Quote Originally Posted by mvnorden View Post
    1) does this mean a GPO version for ARIA will be available within months? Or rather a year or so?
    I don't know the answer to this.

2) would there be substantial advantage in switching to a MacPro 8 core instead of I-mac dual core, when working with GPO and Finale?
    I don't believe so, as I don't think Finale has been optimized for multi-core performance yet, though with 09 and the complete VST capabilities there might have been a change.

Best,
    Reegs

thank you for your reply, mr. Reegs.
    do you mean to say that using a multiple-core Mac is of no advantage if the program you use has not been specially adapted for that kind of processor? How about GPO, Kontakt player and future ARIA: are they ready for use on multi-core Macs?

Maarten

Go Back to forum