• Register
  • Help

Topic: Editing loops in Kontakt 3

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Editing loops in Kontakt 3

I've been trying, without success, to make clean instruments loops with some VSL samples included in Kontakt3. I'm trying to do what they did with the violin tremolo (flawless loop with constant dynamics) with the sforzando sound in order to be able to sustain the sound. I've been using the features of the wave editor such as the snap and cross-fade functions. Is there something I'm missing?

Jedes

Re: Editing loops in Kontakt 3

Quote Originally Posted by jedes View Post
    I've been trying, without success, to make clean instruments loops with some VSL samples included in Kontakt3. I'm trying to do what they did with the violin tremolo (flawless loop with constant dynamics) with the sforzando sound in order to be able to sustain the sound. I've been using the features of the wave editor such as the snap and cross-fade functions. Is there something I'm missing?

Jedes
    Did you try setting a sample X-fade to (say) 5000 samples after you set your loop points?

Re: Editing loops in Kontakt 3

Quote Originally Posted by Thonex View Post
    Did you try setting a sample X-fade to (say) 5000 samples after you set your loop points?
    Yes, I did that, it does soften the transition, but it's still far from acceptable. Do you that think the process could be easier with an external editor such as Wavelab. Kontakt's editor seems to be ideal for drum loops but not quite for continous sound sample editing. I'm getting back to desktop composition for orchestra after a 7 years leave, so I have to catch up a bit with technology. Thank for taking time to reply.

Jedes

Go Back to forum