• Register
  • Help

Topic: Midi Virtual Drivers

Midi Virtual Drivers

Hi friends. Im re-installing WindowsXP with SP3 in my computer. Im trying to only install the necessary things, because in the previous installation i had some bsod problems, and couldnt locate the source of the problem.
    Well, all is running much nicer and stable now. One suspect i had about the unstability was the virtualdrivers i had (virtual dvd drives and midiyoke and maple mididrivers).

Some days ago i installed again the maple midi drivers, (not the others i mentioned) and i found that the computer become unstable under certain conditions (watching dvd or working with video, and kids playing some games...i know, i know, but daddys computer is more nice to play that the old one). I un-installed the maple drivers, and no problem again.

Maybe is a coincidence? I dont know, but im wondering two things:
    1-The virtual midi drivers that Gary included in their products are the maple ones, or they were improved in some way?
    2-Do anyone know about LoopBe1 midi driver? It says it was specifically developed for XP/Vista with the wdm model. Maybe it`s a better choice?

Well, any other tip or opinion is welcome.

Re: Midi Virtual Drivers

It could be the midi virtual drivers or it could be the sound card needs an updated driver. Have you tried that?

Can't say I've run into problems with Jeff's Maple.

But I've also used LoopBe1 for quite a while, too.
    It seems quite solid.

David Sosnowski

Thanks your answers guys. I will try the loopBe driver, if it is stable, i will purchase it maybe.
    Marcelo Colina

Try MIDI-Yoke before you buy anything. I have used it with XP SP2 for a couple of years without any problems.

Go Back to forum