• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help!!!

Share/Bookmark

Angry Help!!!

Any one using Cubase SE or any version there of, I NEED HELP!

Working on music for the film all hell broke lose! Midi tracks that I recorded the day before play back but for some reason I cannot record a midi track again! I load in an instrument, check to if all is set up in the channel correctly, play the part from my keyboard controller and it plays fine but when I try to record, set the track for record, click record and when I try to play in the part the first note records then nothing after!

I have been trying to figure this out since 12:00 PM last night and I cannot for the live of me figure it out.

Any suggestions, comments, insight, experiences? I would definitely appreciate it immensely.

I have until 5 PM today to finish. I have the rhythm, chord, and most of the recording is finished except the melody and a few others.

HELP!
    Styxx

Re: Help!!!

Hi Styxx,
    I'm sorry that you're having this trouble. I don't know Cubase, but I've had something similar happen in Sonar, so maybe try this...

Close everything out, re-boot. Open the file and immediately save it under a new name. Close Cubase. Re-open the newly named file in Cubase and try again.

I'm sorry I'm sure that someone else will find the answer if this doesn't help.

Take Care,
    Steph

Go back to the beginning. Start a new project. Open a midi track, try to record on it. If it works then its something you did in the original.

If the new one works, but the old doesnt.

Export all the midi tracks, one at a time, to disk then import them one at a time and retry to record until you find the faulty track. Let me know
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Absolutely nothing works! I wasn't going to use Cubase for this project. I intended on using Samplitude however my understanding I haven't had much time with the midi end of Samplitude as I do with Cubase.

I have 4 hours left and I am beginning to feel superiorly pressured. Unreal!
    Styxx

Quick help idea:

DON'T input the notes via your midi keyboard!

Just create a midi track, double click on the project environement and you'll get a midi track space. Double click there and start using the piano roll instead!

It may not solve your problem of not being able to use your midi keyboard and put the notes in, but it might as well just help you input manually, with the mouse, the melody and the small stuff you need.

If THE above does not work, I have no idea currently of what it could be, I'm sorry to admit. If I find or think of something I'll let you know. But in general if the piano roll does not work, then it must be the settings! Inputs or Outputs, the VSTs you use, some CC turned down to 0, maybe the master volume or the track volume turned to -"forver" (how do you notate that in ordinary english, please? ), etc...

Sorry I can't be of any more help, but best of luck!

And all this without looking the time, or checking that the time difference between Greece and USA is! This thread could be already outdated...

Piano roll is one idea. Are you up to playing straight in to record as audio, only you can't edit that of course
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Does SE have a track or vst instrument limit?

Track limit is 48 but I'm not sure about VST. I've never had a problem before where as I had used a full orchestral score nothing but Garritan.

The producer and director along with a few of the actors had just left my studio with a copy of the product. Unbelievably they liked it just the way it was so I burned them a few different mixes and AIFF.

I'm not finished with this software though. Just taking a break and chilling for a while. I'll be back to it in a bit. I have to conquer this once and for all!!

Thanks again for your advice and help gents. I will try 'em all after supper.

Wheeeeeeeeewwwwwww! What a learning experience!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum