• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help with Cubase please!

Share/Bookmark

Help with Cubase please!

Any one using Cubase SE or any version there of, I NEED HELP!

Working on music for the film all hell broke lose! Midi tracks that I recorded the day before play back but for some reason I cannot record a midi track again! I load in an instrument, check to if all is set up in the channel correctly, play the part from my keyboard controller and it plays fine but when I try to record, set the track for record, click record and when I try to play in the part the first note records then nothing after!

I have been trying to figure this out since 12:00 PM last night and I cannot for the live of me figure it out.

Any suggestions, comments, insight, experiences? I would definitely appreciate it immensely.

I have until 5 PM today to finish. I have the rhythm, chord, and most of the recording is finished except the melody and a few others.

HELP!
    Styxx

Re: Help with Cubase please!

I use Cubase 3 & 4, not SE. But it sounds like a loose connection between your MIDI keyboard and interface or MIDI keyboard and USB port. Also check the settings (the tiny icons) in the track you're recording to (2nd column from left), especially the monitor button that looks like a cross-section of a loudspeaker. Also, consider reinstalling Cubase if you're having other troubles with it besides recording.

dadly1

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    Any one using Cubase SE or any version there of, I NEED HELP!

Working on music for the film all hell broke lose! Midi tracks that I recorded the day before play back but for some reason I cannot record a midi track again! I load in an instrument, check to if all is set up in the channel correctly, play the part from my keyboard controller and it plays fine but when I try to record, set the track for record, click record and when I try to play in the part the first note records then nothing after!

I have been trying to figure this out since 12:00 PM last night and I cannot for the live of me figure it out.

Any suggestions, comments, insight, experiences? I would definitely appreciate it immensely.

I have until 5 PM today to finish. I have the rhythm, chord, and most of the recording is finished except the melody and a few others.

HELP!

Go Back to forum