• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Symphobia Easter Eggs and a Bum note?

Share/Bookmark

Symphobia Easter Eggs and a Bum note?

All,

First off, this is an incredible library and I can wholly recommended to any of you sitting on the fence - it is well worth the money, the SAM team have done a great job!!!

On doing some digging into the samples there's an interesting (easter egg?) sample at C0 on the 19 STR ENS CHORD FULL S patch where some guy has obviously left his mobile turned on during recording! (Complete with what I can only describe as much fracas and I imagine swearing in Dutch) :-) So has anyone else found any interesting "Easter Eggs"?

On a more serious note, there appears to be some bum notes (it could be my installation or my ears) at C3 and D#3 on the 07 STR END GLISS VLN VLA S patch ascending glissandos - anyone else experiencing this?

TIA

Tim

Re: Symphobia Easter Eggs and a Bum note?

Agreed! a great lib! Infact one of the most exciting libs I've bought in a while. Yes there is a bum note.

-T

Yeah - caught that mobile phone thing - funny. I just wonder if it was really an accident that they decided to leave in, or if that was done on purpose to be cutesy.

As for the bum notes in the STR ENS GLISS VLN VLA S - it is that entire section of four notes - C > D#, tho the D is way at the end and barely noticeable. It's also in the VLN VLA C as well, but much less so. Sounds like one of the horn players got a little ancy.

Cheers.

Here's another one for you:

09 STR ENS CRESCENDO S. Towards the end of G sharp 1 there's a click.

Still loving this library though!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Hayat View Post
    Yeah - caught that mobile phone thing - funny. I just wonder if it was really an accident that they decided to leave in, or if that was done on purpose to be cutesy.
    I'm sure they left it in deliberately. It's on the C0 and there are no other notes used until B0. Those bonkers dutch have one hell of a sense of humour.

Actually, try reversing it. Here's a transcript:

- "Vincent, will you try calling my mobile? I want to check that my new iPhone's working before we play the short C major crescendo chord."

- "Of course Maarten. It would be my absolute pleasure. I'm on pay-as-you-go though and am not sure how much credit I have left."

- Mutterings of disapproval: "He should be on a contract" etc.

- iPhone rings.

- C major chord is played.

That is funny Nick!

Just to confirm... the cellphone was accidental. One of the musicians had left it turned on right after a break.

It was not an iPhone.

Best,
    Maarten
    Creative Director
    ProjectSAM
    Cinematic Sampling
    www.projectsam.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Harvey View Post
    Here's another one for you:

09 STR ENS CRESCENDO S. Towards the end of G sharp 1 there's a click.

Still loving this library though!
    This one is pretty nice

Maybe it's not the right topic but I was wondering how you can save your clusters with the cluster gen ? I've tried many things but the manual isn't very clear about it.

Actually it was Maartens emergency call to get him out of the recording hall immediately after we had to do another take just 2 minutes past midnight, one of us was already missing by then...
    Vincent Beijer
    Managing Director
    ProjectSAM
    Cinematic Sampling
    www.projectsam.com

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten Spruijt View Post
    It was not an iPhone.
    Maarten
    I think it was a Sony Ericsson w910i Red Edition.

Back on topic though - will there be a patch for the duff glissandos?

TIA

Tim

Go Back to forum