• Register
  • Help

Topic: Brass/Horns.... Symphobia?

Share/Bookmark

Brass/Horns.... Symphobia?

Im looking to purchase a great brass library. Im very interested in Sam's Orchestral Brass library. Then i looked at the package deal....to include true strike 1 and 2.....then i realized its the same price as Symphobia. Wondering if Symphobias Brass/Horns were similar to Sam's Orchestral Brass. I currently own VSL Special Edition and Gary's Personal Orchestra.

Any thoughts or direction would be great. (im looking for big sport sounding ESPN sounding horns).

mitch

Cool Re: Brass/Horns.... Symphobia?

Well Symphobia has brass in it,however it does not inclue brass in the traditonal sense of orchestra libraries,for most of the brass sounds in the library it is done in tutti form with other instruments,so there is no brass articulations for one insturments.If you ask me,the SAM Master Pack is the better choice

Re: Brass/Horns.... Symphobia?

hmmmm. cant find the master pack on their site. is project sam only available direct?

http://www.projectsam.com/Products/Orchestral-Brass/

Tho they are out of stock. Maarten had to make room in his closet for all of the Symphobia packs! LOL...j/k

Try Sweetwater, and google.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by aug25 View Post
    Well Symphobia has brass in it,however it does not inclue brass in the traditonal sense of orchestra libraries,for most of the brass sounds in the library it is done in tutti form with other instruments,so there is no brass articulations for one insturments.If you ask me,the SAM Master Pack is the better choice
    Are there not patches where the brass is laid out across the keyboard from high brass to low brass, so that one does get just trumpets at the top, then just horns, then trombones and bass. If so, how is the transition between the instrument handled?

Mahlon

Yea,just like that

Quote Originally Posted by locash View Post
    Im looking to purchase a great brass library. Im very interested in Sam's Orchestral Brass library. Then i looked at the package deal....to include true strike 1 and 2.....then i realized its the same price as Symphobia. Wondering if Symphobias Brass/Horns were similar to Sam's Orchestral Brass. I currently own VSL Special Edition and Gary's Personal Orchestra.

Any thoughts or direction would be great. (im looking for big sport sounding ESPN sounding horns).

mitch
    Check out WIVI. The brass is outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by aug25 View Post
    Yea,just like that
    How are the transitions handled. Like, if you press middle C key, trumpets, horns and trombones can all play that note. Is that what you get? All three playing the note? So, I guess I'm asking... where to the lowest note of the trumpet enter the highest range of the horns -- where you lose the ability to do solo sections and it becomes 2 sections.

Thanks,
    Mahlon

Cool Re: Brass/Horns.... Symphobia?

Not sure,dont own it lol,but what the other poster said matches the promo mateiral

Go Back to forum