• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Would you hire this person?

Share/Bookmark

Would you hire this person?

So, we often get emails asking about job opportunities. This one really caught our discriminating eye, and we may just offer her the job without even meeting her based on her impressive introduction. But you never know about email these days...she could be making it all up. I mean...was she REALLY in a band.

Whaddya think? Here is her email

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To whom it may concern:

Find attach is my CV and cover letter in which I am interested in working in your prestige company. always have interest in music and arts. I used to play in a band, and sketching and drawing are my hobbies. I just realize, why not try doing it as my profession?

Hoping you will reply my message so that I can send my CV

Thank you and best regards.

Sincerely,
    Jane ...........
    "International Award Winning Arabic Fusion"
    www.ajmusiconline.com

2xMac Pro 2.66, OS 10.4.9,Pro Tools 7.4.8,Waves Plat,Altiverb
    4xVisionDaw PC,NI Komplete, All Play 1.2.5 Libraries

Re: Would you hire this person?

Do we get to see the CV when it arrives??

I must admit that "I just realize, why not try doing it as my profession?" doesn't really smack of commitment to a media career.. she doesn't sound 'hungry' enough imho.

And let's face it, everyone you meet was in a band at some point or other!!

"Oh! I just realize, why not try fashion and design as my profession!"

Good luck!

BB

Do you know I think I once met somebody who wasn't in a band yet, but theres always time.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

well, is it just down to bad translation, or is this the actual email ?

I would be reluctant to hire someone that is so hesitant about her own skills.
    I mean if she was realy talented, i would assume she would have thought about making a living from that talent previously...so that tells me this person is not so confident in her own skills perhaps...

And while demos might be impressive...u dont know how much time was spendt on them...maybe they took 2 years u know ?
    I dunno...i like confidence in people, but how old is this person anysyways, and how big of a job is it?

sometimes its kewl to give people a chance as well, they might suprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pzy-Clone View Post
    well, is it just down to bad translation, or is this the actual email ?

I would be reluctant to hire someone that is so hesitant about her own skills.
    I mean if she was realy talented, i would assume she would have thought about making a living from that talent previously...so that tells me this person is not so confident in her own skills perhaps...

And while demos might be impressive...u dont know how much time was spendt on them...maybe they took 2 years u know ?
    I dunno...i like confidence in people, but how old is this person anysyways, and how big of a job is it?

Ditto

Why would you hire someone who can't even compose a complete sentence? No need to see the CV on this dude!

Peace

rikp

Quote Originally Posted by rikp View Post
    Ditto

Why would you hire someone who can't even compose a complete sentence? No need to see the CV on this dude!

Peace

rikp
    Sarcasm is your friend here.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Pzy-Clone View Post
    That's a fair comment - all of us got a break sometime!

B

On the plus side, at least this person is being honest... I'll take unimpressive over b.s. any day of the week. =)

We hired her based on the glowing email. I don't know if she will work out as she just went out on medical leave for six weeks. Quite ironic!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston View Post
    Sarcasm is your friend here.
    So true...Let's just hope that she does not have to communicate in writing to any clients!

Peace

rikp

Go Back to forum