• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cannot seem to get GPO to work standalone

Cannot seem to get GPO to work standalone

I have installed GPO from my dvd, updated it both 1.x and with kontakt player 2.x, authorized everything in the NI centre, but I can not launch either GPO or the K2 player, it always gives me 'encountered a problem, needs to close'.

This is on XP32 with an audigy 2 sound card, no errors or anything during installation, the VSTs work fine, on the kontakt player launch window the error seems to happen during 'initializing audio driver'.

Since I plan to use GPO pretty much exclusively as a VST this doesn't worry me too much, but it still makes me a little uneasy: does anybody have any idea?

Re: Cannot seem to get GPO to work standalone

Well, I've never used it as stand alone until now. But it worked first time when I started it from the "All Programs" - Garritan Jazz and Big Band KP2
    and also Garritan Personal Orchestra KP2. It won't work from the original KP1 because the files are different.

I'm using Windows XP32 with a Sound Blaster Live from Creative. is the audio driver up to date AND accessible - I use ASIO4ALL generally, this is fine and freely available
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Re: Cannot seem to get GPO to work standalone

I have been browsing around the NI site and I guess this might be related to the fact that I have more than one audio interface (I also have a guitar port), I tried their guitar rig demo but that one starts just fine, I wonder why only kontakt would have issues... in any case it seems to work fine in reaper and cubase so I am happy

Go Back to forum