• Register
  • Help

Topic: Symphobia user demo's

Share/Bookmark

Symphobia user demo's

I don't have any but you have!:P

I wanna hear them,it doesn't have to be complete songs.Post examples etc.

Re: Symphobia user demo's

Bump.

---------
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Ben Botkin's Profile at NorthernSounds.net
    www.benbotkin.com

Here one whith strings only :

http://www.humyo.com/F/3273515-181948745

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Here one whith strings only :

http://www.humyo.com/F/3273515-181948745
    AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for posting that. That's exactly what I needed to hear to determine whether I would buy Symphobia or not. That string tone is beautiful. I will.

Nice writing, too. Would love to hear the piece when finished!

Thanks again,
    Mahlon

Quote Originally Posted by Audun_Jemtland View Post
    I don't have any but you have!:P

I wanna hear them,it doesn't have to be complete songs.Post examples etc.
    http://www.jeffreyhayat.com/Battleram.mp3

Is a 3-min. peice I put together. The beginning is Evolve and a bit of RMX (those really familiar with RMX should know which patch that is), and there is a bit more Evolve in the p part. There is a tiny bit of Hypersonic in the p part as well. The drums are all SD2 - combined and modified MIDI performances (good job, NP!), except for the bass drums in the p part and the drum roll at the end which, well, I won't say where those came from. The piano is Ivory, the cymbals are all EW. The sweeping legato strings (violins, violas and basses) at 2:29, the trem celli and basses at the end, and two quick violin scratches are EW Plat. All other strings, including celli in the sweeping legato string part, and violin fx are all Symphobia (save for those EW violin scratches to end a couple of passages). All of the brass is Symphobia. There are a few Symphobia stac woods, and a little xylophone too. Those are kinda hard to make out, but make a difference in helping to fill out the sound. And the sfx at 2:27 is SD2.

Feel free to tell me what you think.

Cheers.

Wow, these are really great... does anyone else have any more samples?
    Symphobia sounds better all the time!
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    www.benbotkin.com

Question:

Has anyone tried using Symphobia to create a "BIG HOLLYWOOD WESTERN" sound?
    (As in: Elmer Bernstein, Bruce Broughton, Ennio Morricone, Randy Newman, etc.)

Symphobia seems like it would do the western sound quite well, I just wondered if anyone who owns Symphobia was thinking the same thing.
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    www.benbotkin.com

Symphobia is amazing, truly amazing... I can't stop playing with it. The strings will knock your socks off, and once you get past those into the brass and the winds & the orchestral combos and special FX, your head will spin. This truly is a "cinematic" sounding library, and it would be a steal at even twice the price.

Things I like:

- room ambience in the samples
    - playable right out of the box
    - EXQUISITELY sampled instruments that automatically sound good. Pop them into an Altiverb and you have an instant orchestra in one Kontakt Player.
    - strings, strings, strings. You know how we've all waited and waited for strings that sound super-real? They're here.
    - I love the full-section chords, playable on a single key, because you get the harmonics and the warmth & richness that comes from the sections playing together in a space.
    - brass & string combos: brilliant idea, quick & easy doubling, with the added bonus of having them all in the same recording space, so you get that richness to the sound.
    - dystopia stuff: weird effects and evolving sounds, SO useable in the context of film or trailers

ProjectSAM creates amazing stuff, and this library truly takes the cake. Seriously, it's a must-have product.

kerry

Go Back to forum