• Register
  • Help

Topic: Frustration Limit Approaching!

Share/Bookmark

Frustration Limit Approaching!

Today I got my supplemental keyboard, an Oxygen 61. Works fine, feels decent. But I can not find a way to get it to perform the job I got it for. I can not find a way to play 2 channels simultaneously, each channel having a different voice. Marce provided a way, but either I missed something, or he forgot to mention something. So, Marce, or somebody please help again?

I now am using Fatar controller and Oxygen controller, each connected via usb. I will be using them with Sonar, probably exclusively. That is, if I can get the system functional. Otherwise, I will hang the keyboard in the tree outside my window and see what the birds can do with it.

Richard

Re: Frustration Limit Approaching!

Richard, I don't think Oxygen 61 can do that. M-audio's Oxygen 61 specs don't mention keyboard zones. Axiom 61, on the other hand, has this feature. Axiom 61 has 4 independent configurable keyboard zones.

Do I undertsand that you want to use the two keyboards as separate manuals for organ, although you could try on sound on each keyboard.

I tried earlier to get this to work but its not obvious how to do this
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

OK now I've tried both Cubase and Sonar LE
    1) You need to get the first keyboard transmitting on channel 1 ( this is probably the default channel)
    2) The other keyboard has to be set to transmit on another channel (say 2)
    3) I started a new new project in sonar
    4) In Sonar LE I followed Marce's instructions. "Options">>"Midi" etc and selected my two devices in the list, making sure that I had the right ones ( my latest keyboard has two ports to confuse the issue)
    5) go to the first track, set it to channel 1 (box alongside CH), set it to the keyboard with channel 1 (box alongside I), then "CRITICALLY" click on "INPUT ECHO " alongside box R, it looks like +>>
    Check you can hear a sound when you play firat keyboard

6) same for second track channel 2, channel 2, input echo on
    Check for the second keyboard , both should now be working, they do on mine.
    Derek
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Well, Derek, I have saved your instructions and will try in a few minutes.

Nickie, I have not any idea of keyboard Zones, but the dealer, and cakewalk forum both say it is possible, but no details yet.

Richard

keyboard zones (see the manual) allow you to split some keyboards, say at middle C, and get a different channel each side of the split, Its not what you wanted to do, but a different option
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post
    keyboard zones (see the manual) allow you to split some keyboards, say at middle C, and get a different channel each side of the split, Its not what you wanted to do, but a different option
    Well, Derek, it works now. I Thank you most fervently!!!!!!!!!! There is peace in the household once again. My head has dropped back from the detonation point!

I can use GPO organ with the Oxygen and Roland JV 1010 with the Fatar. It seems so simple now that I don't know what I was doing incorrectly! Now, if I can use my assortment of organ sound fonts, that will be a great help. Best would be if I could use different GPO organ on each, but I don't think that will be possible.

My Fatar has a keyboard split, but I have not used it. Perhaps some day I will try that as an alternate method. But since organ parts can often cross over one another, especially when I write the music, it is very necessary to have separate keyboards.

Richard

Go Back to forum