• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Marketing Ploy?

OT: Marketing Ploy?

My wife would like to suggest that sample libraries should come with free stuff for the spouse - e.g. you might market a small library with a free gift of a make-up compact or screwdriver set; a full-blown orchestra with a handbag or power tools.

Personally I think it's a dreadful idea. I have absolutely no self-control, and my wife's disapproval is the only thing that stops me buying libraries on a daily basis, and bankrupting us. If she had an incentive to say yes to all my purchases we would be in real trouble.

Re: OT: Marketing Ploy?

But, your wife is a marketing genius.

How desperate is your wife for a screwdriver set ? Surely you could run to that ? Not sure mine would like onr tho!
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

If the handbag was a free gift with every orchestral library, I would own every one on the market............ In fact, my wife would encourage me to.....
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Your wife is brilliant.

But I also wonder if this isn't a subtle way of saying, "How come you get all the expensive toys?"

Maybe the next time you want a $300 sample library, she also gets $300 to spend on whatever she wants? That might keep you both honest ("Gee, can we afford this?") and happy.

- k
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

Hmmm. This is pretty much what happens at our house. I got the Steinway Standard and my husband headed to Home Depot for a shopping spree.

I got just two words for ya:

Ginsu Knives.

Go Back to forum