• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 3.0 and Vienna Symphonic Library

Kontakt 3.0 and Vienna Symphonic Library

Dear Forums:

I was just wondering if purchasing Kontakt 3.0 and the VSL together is a good idea? Or would the VI / Vienna Ensemble plugin to the job for the most part?

Re: Kontakt 3.0 and Vienna Symphonic Library

What are you looking to do? Kontakt 3 is a full-fledged sampler and comes with a watered-down version of VSL. You can buy additional libraries to use with it or even make your own if you like. If you're new to sampling, it's a good platform to start with. VE is restricted to VSL product use.

Kontakt is also way less expensive than a full VSL library and a better way to get your feet wet (even cheaper if you can get a crossgrade). If you're curious about VSL's player, look into buying one of their downloadable instruments, which is a more limited (but less expensive) single instrument that includes their player.

Re: Kontakt 3.0 and Vienna Symphonic Library

If you need more than just orchestral samples, then I would suggest Kontakt 3. I own both and for the kinds of music I do, I certainly use both a lot. I love VSL SE. Plus I have some older EW libraries and didn't feel like waiting years for them to release their PLAY engine, so K3 solved that problem as well.

Go Back to forum