• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Urgently need 3 kids voices for Disney commercial.

Share/Bookmark

Urgently need 3 kids voices for Disney commercial.

I quickly need 2-3 kids (age 6-12) to record (from their home) a few bars for a Disney commercial before the weekend is over. $50.00 per kid. is the budget.

Thanks,

Guy

http://www.guybacos.com/

Re: Urgently need 3 kids voices for Disney commercial.

Is this is a buyout? If so, that price is ridiculously low.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic View Post
    That price is not ridiculously low. An agency hires you to write the music but you are among 5 or 10 other top candidates, I'm not getting paid much either at this stage, however if my track is selected by the client only then I get the big money. This is a very common procedure.

Guy

sounds about right to me. i generally pay an hourly for outside musicians with a bonus if the music makes it into the spot. i don't know the rules about underagers in the union, but they may be entitled to residuals from the afm.

But you have to consider the input work of your performer. It could vary between playing or improvising a solo passage which will be up front in the final mix and sing 1 bar of background voices doubled with samples. Don't you think? I tend to do 99% of the work myself and just need occasionally that human touch. Now, the agency is giving me $50.00 per voice, that is THEIR budget, what am I suppose to say?

It's somewhat cheap but not unusual for a non-union demo pitch. If the spot gets picked up and goes to air and the singers still get nothing more it is ridiculously cheap....

First off, It's a buy out, flat fee, secondly I offered a bonus fee if I'd win and this is not something I should be discussing on this forum but because someone without getting any of the facts first, jumps to conclusion everybody is getting excited. If the person is unhappy about this he is not obligated to accept.

hey guyb,
    from my perspective i don't think anyone is attacking you or trying to make you look bad. we're just stating our experiences, and if anything mine was in support. i wouldn't sweat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic View Post
    You didn't write that this is a pitch for a gig you don't have. That is a hugely different issue than if you had the gig, in which case it would be ridiculously low. For a demo submission, it is fine.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

How about asking first, wait for my reply, THEN say whatever you want.

Guy

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast