• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tremolo & Trills on Solo Instruments

Share/Bookmark

Tremolo & Trills on Solo Instruments

When using solo instruments, typing in tremolo above the stave has no effect. Same for trills. Is it possible for solo instruments to tremolo or trill?

Re: Tremolo & Trills on Solo Instruments

As its your first post,welcome to the forum

But theres not enough info I'm afraid to answer your question, what DAW are you using? notation or sequencing ? which application GPO,JABB,COMB ? I presume that
    When using solo instruments, typing in tremolo above the stave has no effect. Same for trills.
    means you are using a notation programme. I personally use a sequencer but if you can give us more information someone is bound to be able to help.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

My apologies, I've just upgraded to Sibelius 5.2 & I'm using GPO. I think it's probably a Sibelius notation issue, but I'm not sure. What does DAW stand for?
    Thanks!

- Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent'sChair View Post
    My apologies, I've just upgraded to Sibelius 5.2 & I'm using GPO. I think it's probably a Sibelius notation issue, but I'm not sure. What does DAW stand for?
    Thanks!

- Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Welcome to the Garritan forum on Northernsounds.

DAW stands for digital audio workstation. In earlier years the term was intended to imply your entire audio production setup, including monitor speakers, hardware mixers and effects, and your software running on your computers. As computers have become more powerful a lot of what was hardware is now software and the term has become used to describe whatever is at the heart of your set-up, namely the sequencer or notation program used to control everything else.

I'm not experienced with the keyswitching or performance of GPO with regard to notation programs, however what you've described is within the playback capabilities of Sibelius 5.2. Hopefully someone familiar with it will be able to chime in.

Best,
    Reegs

Ian over at the Sibelius forum is having the same problem I'm having. I've asked Sibelius tech support about it and they are working with me on the issue. I'm hoping for a fix, if not now then in Sibelius 6.0 (due out in 6 months).

I want to thank you all for your support. This has been my first experience with user forums & it's great to know there are so many other users out there willing to share their knowledge :-) Thank you again!

Go Back to forum