• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Distorted r 2 or Metamorphosis ?

Share/Bookmark

Distorted r 2 or Metamorphosis ?

Hello people,

I am wondering about some nice \"ambient\" percussion sample cd\'s and have been chatting to various people about this, Kim Jensen (Innerloop) suggested the two cd\'s in the title...the main use if for games music.

has anyone got any information about the two cd sets?

I will be using the giga versions of the cd\'s as i dont have a sampler (except gigastudio, and im a bit green at using its sampling functions)

The cd\'s are priced around $199 from spectrasonic\'s website.

------------------
    -=Riggs=-

Re: Distorted r 2 or Metamorphosis ?

I have both sets. I don\'t really think that they\'re interchangeable - they are pretty different sounding libraries.

I\'d suggest listening to the demos, and picking the one that is closest to what you\'re looking for.

For what it\'s worth, I love \'em both, and wouldn\'t part with either one of them!

Jdkmusic,

Ive listened to the demos from various websites.
    and as you say i cant decide... so i may have to get them both

------------------
    -=Riggs=-

[This message has been edited by ninriggs (edited 02-21-2002).]

I don\'t have Metamorphosis, but I personally don\'t see the selling point of DR2 (which I do have) to be the percussion loops, but rather the textures. So if you want just the percussion, I dunno...

Yeah, it\'s got plenty of loops, and obviously you can stretch and shrink some of them to fit tempos, but it was really an afterthought in my purchase of it.

Of course, many may disagree. And unfortunately, the demo of DR2 at Ilio just doesn\'t do a good job of showing off the library.

So anyway, I guess this is half of a vote toward Metamorphosis. Or how about this... ignore my post. Forget I ever said anything.

[This message has been edited by Lance_M (edited 02-21-2002).]

LOl,

Thanks lance, i value your opinion.
    I can see what your saying...a lot of demo\'s dont really do justice to idems you buy...
    i purchased the sfx board for the Jv2080 a while ago and the demo\'s offered by roland didnt really give a clear picture of the board. Or i may not have purchased it.

------------------
    -=Riggs=-

I would wait for Spectrasonics groove instrument, Stylus. I think you\'ll pretty much get all the samples from both libraries in that VSTi, as well as some new ones and a nice interface to program them with. I know I will be first in line when it comes out, apparently in march.

Simon,

Nice idea....i will have to look into that.
    Although the dr2 and met cd\'s still look good enough to buy now...

------------------
    -=Riggs=-

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>I would wait for Spectrasonics groove instrument, Stylus.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since I compose New Age, I can\'t wait for the Atmosphere groove instrument.

These new offerings from Spectrasonics sound really interesting, on paper (er computer screen), but I\'m anxious to hear some audio demos.

Lawrence

Actually I wasnt thinking straight I dont think there\'s THAT much from DR1-2 in the Stylus - more from Metamorphosis and their new beats CD etc.

It would be interesting to see if anyone knows if the cd\'s have been used in any films or games.

------------------
    -=Riggs=-

Go Back to forum