• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga libs to K2

Share/Bookmark

Giga libs to K2

Now Gigastudio is discontinued and I've just purchased a new daw and will start Kontakt as my sampleplayer I would like to know how for example I can change my Sampletekk piano's from G3 to K2.
    I think I've read somewhere that Sampletekk offered some sort of solution or is this just whishfull thinking?

Cheers,

Ruud Jan

Re: Giga libs to K2

Not too long ago, I asked Sampletekk for a crossgrade to EXS format from GS3. He sent me an email with the exs file attached and instructions on extracting the samples from the original GS3 format. All was at no charge. I'm sure he has a solution for you that is just as easy for the Kontakt version also. Go ahead and contact him!

Rob

From GS format all my samples converted to K2 without any problem. Since there were some Sampletekk samples amongst the GVI factory samples, they also converted. Of course, no GigaPulse is present. I miss that and have no budget for the plug in. Bless Tascam.

Isn't there any translator app. that converts giga's to kontakt?

Quote Originally Posted by robh View Post
    Not too long ago, I asked Sampletekk for a crossgrade to EXS format from GS3. He sent me an email with the exs file attached and instructions on extracting the samples from the original GS3 format. All was at no charge. I'm sure he has a solution for you that is just as easy for the Kontakt version also. Go ahead and contact him!

Rob
    Yeah, I received an email indicating that Sampletekk is providing a solution to convert free of charge. I wish other companies were that helpful.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Go Back to forum