• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT - smudged DvD's

Share/Bookmark

OT - smudged DvD's

Right now I am installing the Steinway, all Dvd's in a row.
    Inspecting the writable surface told me that obviously those Dvd's were stored in a very moisty warehouse. Some start up only after having cleaned that surface.

Please look into this Gary,

Raymond

Re: OT - smudged DvD's

Hi Raymond

Maybe during the flight across the Atlantic they left the window open.

Email me your address and I'll send new discs.

Best,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Right now I am installing the Steinway, all Dvd's in a row.
    Inspecting the writable surface told me that obviously those Dvd's were stored in a very moisty warehouse. Some start up only after having cleaned that surface.

Please look into this Gary,

Raymond

No they didn't. It was so fast overhere, it must have been the mach 2.

it is not only smudged, also damaged on certain spots. I already sent you my info about sending new ones, via another mail from your cust. department.

Raymond

Raymond,
    seriously and with all due respect,
    I wish I didn't have to read this, but making a new topic with these kinds of things would be handled better privately through the Garritan office or Gary's email,, gary@harps.com

I just don't think the forum is a good place for things like this, although it gives Gary a chance to show how easy he is to communicate with, and that he offers customers service, with utmost care.

Dan

Sorrry for this message, though Gary sent me some mails privately about this issue. At the other hand, and I know he isn't to blame for this, when I payed $464 USD for a package that can't be installed to the very end, I may feel a bit unpleasant about it.

Raymond

I received a set of DVDs from another company a while back and one of the DVDs was scratched badly.

I took it to the local video store and had it fixed for $5

no big deal Raymond,

Dan

To comfort you all. Today I downloaded a tool for my Plextor DVD machine and firstly tried to inspect those last two scratched DVD's I couldn't install.
    Luckily they were recognized by this program. Having a readable DVD in my reader, -though there were some damaged data-areas-, I reloaded the installation DVD and finally could get a "load" of the last two perspectives at a lower speed than normal.

Now everything is installed. I already informed Gary about this to prevent him sending new ones (and he confirmed).

Raymond -now having 5 pianos in the room.

Ah, ya madda wears .... Raymond, you think this is something ... well let me tell you if you ever receive a large, no ... more like a huge tanker size package don't except it! Gary has a nasty habit of sending baby whales via FEDUP. Not damaged mind you ... just damaging to the neighborhood!

Sorry Gary ... I had to let mine go in Lake Erie before the ate all my salmon stakes!

Now as for you Mr. Raymond! Next time you receive CD's or DVD's damaged put them in the microwave for about 5 to 6 seconds. They come out with such a nice pattern on the coated side. Hang 'em like I did with a hook through the hole. It makes a nice cord rack or hat rack or rack the rack back on track for lack of cat nap rack sack mac!

Damaged indeed! I told you never to eat pizza when handling CD's or DVD's. Makes them very slippery in the drive thus spinning out of control. Not to mention the pepperoni oil gets all ovva!

Do what I do and wash them in the heavy load cycle for about 20 minutes with a touch of fabric softener. Once the cycle is finished ... place them in the dryer on hi with the printed side down and let it run for a couple of hours. That should fix them little plastic bas-turns!

Got to go ... a package just came in from the island. Hmm, another coconut cream pie ....
    Styxx

There are moments when your messages are completely incomprehensible to me, this is such a moment, my friend.

Subject closed,

Raymond

Go Back to forum