• Register
  • Help

Topic: Velocities

Share/Bookmark

Velocities

8 notes at velocity 100 followed by another 8 notes at velocity 70.
    Track in Sonar. Track trimmed velocity at minus 15.
    Notes are: G#2 and A3 (where A3 is 442 Hz, tuning reference / A above middle C).

Listen yourself. It is in Wave format

Raymond

Re: Velocities

Hi Raymond,
    Could you be more specific about what you are illustrating? I think you are demonstrating some timbre inconsistency but I can't be sure. I've definitely been working to gain note consistency across the board, some of which will show up fairly soon in the first update and some in the second update.

Re: Velocities

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hurchalla View Post
    Hi Raymond,
    Could you be more specific about what you are illustrating? I think you are demonstrating some timbre inconsistency but I can't be sure. I've definitely been working to gain note consistency across the board, some of which will show up fairly soon in the first update and some in the second update.
    When rendering a piece I noticed this timbre inconsistency, so I kept it simple and drew some midi notes in Sonar. I already found out that the A was a bit "out of line" . The first 8 notes all have the same velocity value of 100 (I set sonar to subtract 15 from them...reason it was at the end of a piece I was rendering and that track had value -15, that's why). So in fact it had the value 85.

The next 8 notes all have the same, but lower velocities, set to 70 but after subtraction in sonar,they ended up at 55. Now the inconsistency wasn't there anymore. I also had Classical perspective with velocity curve the first click brighter.

If you wish I can make a MIDI file for you better demonstrating this issue and put it on BoxNet for downloading. Just tell me.

Hope to be clearer this time, if not, give me notice,
    Raymond

Go Back to forum