• Register
  • Help

Topic: Do I need to reinstall? Kontakt 2 update killed by GPO!

Do I need to reinstall? Kontakt 2 update killed by GPO!

Well, I decided it couldn't hurt to download the latest and greatest updates for my GPO. Turns out that the Kontakt 2 player is something that I don't want to work with. I don't care for the interface.

But that wouldn't be such a problem if my GPO Studio worked! Any time I try to load a sample, it says "This patch was generated by a newer version of Kontakt. Please upgrade your player to load the patch."

I've uninstalled Kontakt completely from my system, but I still get the error with the GPO Studio application. I've even reinstalled that. Do I need to completely wipe my system clean of GPO and reinstall everything? If so, how do I go about doing that? Do I have to re-register my copy? I'm running Windows XP if that makes a difference.

I just want to be able to use GPO Studio to play back what I compose in Overture. Thanks in advance!

Re: Do I need to reinstall? Kontakt 2 update killed by GPO!

All this error is telling you is that you've installed an upgrade made with a more recent version of Kontakt. So let's say you installed GPO 2.2.4 and your Kontakt is 2.2.3 - you'll get this error. I think there's another way to get this error (or something like it), if you click on an older updated library within the Kontakt files window.

So no, you didn't have to uninstall anything, just download the Kontakt upgrades and you would have been fine. Or better, just put it back on and install the Kontakt upgrades and that should do the trick.

This error was the beginning of my nightmare, I didn't understand what it was saying. But it turns out it's nothing major.

Re: Do I need to reinstall? Kontakt 2 update killed by GPO!

Seems to me that this member does not want Kontakt 2 on his machine.
    I had a computer crash and had to reinstall GPO and JABB. Studio works just fine now. Perhaps you need to remove the Kontakt folder from your machine and any reference to it in your registry. I think the GURUs like Niki and Reegs might have more to say on this subject.

Go Back to forum