• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB VST missing

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy JABB VST missing

I bought JABB during the Christmas sale last year, and didn't install it until recently. But I can't use it in Finale for some reason, as there's no JAB VST to be found anywhere.

After successfully installing JABB I have not been able to find the required file "garritanjazzvst.dll" anywhere. It's not in the FinaleVST folder of my Finale 2009 and it's not in the Garritan folder. Nor can I find it on my original JABB installation DVD.

I have Finale installed on my C:drive and JABB on my D:drive. Could this be causing the problem? An in-depth search of all my hard drives for "garritanjazzvst.dll" produces no results. Where can I find this file?

Thanks,
    Terry
    Amateur composer/arranger (at least nobody's paying me yet), vocalist, erstwhile cornetist
    GPO, JABB, Finale 2009, Harmony Assistant, Audition

Re: JABB VST missing

Hi Terry,

Having bought JABB recently, you probably have a Kontakt Player 2 version of it. There's a single KP2 dll that loads all KontaktPlayer2 libraries. Look for a file named KontaktPlayer2.dll in your vstplugins directory.

Hi, Reegs,

Yep, got that VST already in my FinaleVST directory. I'm sure I can use it the way I used to in older Finale versions. I was intrigued by the possibility of integrating it into Finale itself. I assume that's what the "notation" instruments are for in JABB; and what I assumed the garritanjazzVST.dll was for. Am I out in left field on this?

Terry
    Amateur composer/arranger (at least nobody's paying me yet), vocalist, erstwhile cornetist

If you load and open Kontakt Player 2 in Finale you sould see JABB next to GPO in the library (left) pane, provided your KP2 plugin is version 2.2.1 or newer. But, before you do this, you should open the KP2 standalone to make sure JABB is properly authorized.

Thanks, Nickie,

Yes I can do it with Kontakt Player 2 (duly authorized). I was intrigued by this entry on the Finale Support website:

You will need to copy definition txt and VST .dll files from the 2006 FinaleVST folder to the 2007 FinaleVST folder. Here is what to do:

CAUTION: Close Finale, then...

COPY the following GPO files:

gpofullinstrument.txt
    gpoinstrument.txt
    PersonalOrchestraVST.dll

COPY the following JABB files:

GarritanJazzintsrument.txt
    Garritan JazzVST.dll

PASTE them into 2007 FinaleVST folder.
    Be certain not to overwrite any files already present in the 2007 FinaleVST folder! Pay close attention to the filenames involved.

The next time Finale is opened, GPO and JABB should appear correctly.

I had hoped the inclusion of the "garritanjazzvst.dll" in the FinaleVST folder meant I might actually be able to host JABB in Finale without using Kontakt2. Maybe I was mistaken in my assumption.

Cheers,
    Terry

"garritanjazzvst.dll" is the old JABB Kontakt Player 1 VSTi plugin. It is not included with the newer JABB KP2 version. Not a big loss in my opinion.

And you are right: the Notation instruments are for use with Finale.

Thank you, Nickie,

That's just the resolution I was looking for. Now I can stop worrying about it and get on with making music.

Terry

Go Back to forum