• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Best $100 I ever spent...

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Best $100 I ever spent...

Just picked up Soniksynth2 for $99 (+ 10.00 shipping) I was always impressed by the demos and specs but couldn't afford the $400 asking price.

The best thing about it is it is so musical. I have a ton of synths and alot of them have some nice sounds but then quite a few clunkers. Soniksynth2 has very few clunkers and sounds lovely. It's not deep as far as editing and routing, you can't add your own waveforms but if you are looking for a great sounding synth you should check this puppy out. It reminds me of Atmosphere in that it was programmed by a team that has a great set of ears. Lovely motion pads and synths. The "real" instruments (guitars, orch, etc) won't replace the higher end libraries but still sound nice. The orchestra sounds are a tad weak but are still musical and the bagpipe is kind of sad (not in a good way). There are some great vocal pads, monks, doos, oohs, etc. The electronic drums are great. Lots of interesting sounds sampled from a ton of great old synths like the Voyetra, Gleeman, Prophet, etc. You can also layer sounds and create combis which open up a ton of potential.

It's also super light on the CPU. I installed it without a hitch and thought I'd spend an hour with it. 3 hours later it was time for bed and I didn't want to quit. It's been a while since a synth has inspired me this much. Again, it isn't going to replace VSL, Spiritual Winds, etc but for $100 I'd say you have a hard time getting more sonic quality and variety anywhere else. This will be a "go to synth" for me when I'm writing. I think the sale goes until the end of August.

All the very best,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Re: Best $100 I ever spent...

Hi Darren, Can you post a link to this sale? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marcomusik View Post
    Hi Darren, Can you post a link to this sale? Thanks
    I hope this is OK with NS. Papa Chalk forgive me if it ain't!

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=244

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

I agree that this is really nice. To me it is a lot like a software version of a hardware synth. It is easy to sketch songs.

FWIW....

It seems to be $99 pretty much everywhere right now. Must be a blow out...

Gonna pick one up myself, thanks for the heads up.

Hmm, I can't see the 99$.
    The price is 275$ at the linked site.

You may need to join. It gave me a price of $99. Oh, and it may not work if you are outside the us.

Ah now it makes sense.
    I'm in Europe.

Try Zzounds.com

If you own Philaharmonic or one of the other IK products (I forget which one) the cost is less than $55.

Go Back to forum