• Register
  • Help

Topic: update Steinway B from eastwest

Share/Bookmark

Re: update Steinway B from eastwest

What does the articulation file do? Adjust filtering? Velocity curve?

Lawrence

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lougheed:
    What does the articulation file do? Adjust filtering? Velocity curve?

Lawrence
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The link seems to be dead, so nothing at all so far

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bruce A. Richardson:
    The link seems to be dead, so nothing at all so far <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And now it works...there you go.

Can I do this with Gigasampler? Stuck on the last point: loading the file. How is that done?

John Grant
    http://www.mp3.com/stations/bach_wtc_1_part1 http://www.mp3.com/stations/wtc2

John,

In GSEdit 2.5 there are file options for load articulation file, save articulation file. I ASSUME that you load the articulation file, and then use SAVE AS, but I could be wrong, since I\'ve never worked with articulation files.

Also, I\'m not sure if the GSampler Editor is the same as GStudio.

If someone could post more detailed, step-by-step procedures for applying an articulation file to an existing gig (preferably without destroying any edits already made) it would be appreciated.

Lawrence

Don\'t see it. Ah, well, no matter.

On the subject of tweeking for sound, I\'ve just finished giving a real careful listen to Anne Marie McDermott\'s Bach Partita #2, not so much for the performance, which is fabulous, but for the uncharacteristically excellent recording. Classical piano recordings can be pretty bad, but this one\'s an amazing exception.

And there\'s an important lesson in the sound. On some tracks the piano stays above middle C for the entire track. Yet the sound remains totally full, tons of bass overtones being picked up, perhaps because the damper pedal is down a lot, I\'m not sure. No way can I duplicate the quality of that sound with the samples I have at my disposal. Lawrence or Michiel, if you\'re interested, send me an email address and I\'ll email back part (not all--to long) of a track, and you\'ll see what I mean.

John
    J.G.

[This message has been edited by john g (edited 02-23-2002).]

Go Back to forum